Hungry but nauseated?

Options
So last night I was super hungry, and this morning I drank a pot of green tea and now I am so nauseated but I must still be hungry. I am actually unbearably nauseated. What do you eat when you feel like this?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Have you eaten any food since feeling hungry last night, or just the pot of tea this morning?

I'd grab some saltines or other type of cracker, something mellow, and get something on your stomach other than just green tea. Hope you feel better.

If you were super hungry last night, why did you start your day with nothing but a whole pot of tea rather than FOOD?
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I, personally, would be nauseous if I drank a whole pot of tea, lol.

When I feel nauseous I eat something salty or mustard, lol. < weird
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    My morning supplements make me feel this way sometimes unless I eat with them. Either I wait for the first meal until noon when the nausea wears off, (weekends) or I eat something BEFORE my vitamins. And I make sure what I eat is salty.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Most green tea is caffeinated as well. Most people are not aware. On an empty stomach, caffeine makes me feel weird.

You might try an antiacid. Acids build up in an empty stomach and can make you feel nauseated. Or the crackers would give it something to mild to digest so that the acid isn't eating at your stomach lining making you feel sick. I feel that way after stomach bugs to the point that I take a 24 hour antacid like Prevacid for a few days. Good luck!
  • amandaleigh89
    amandaleigh89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I get super nauseated and it's not from an illness something overly sweet helps. Like a drinking a sprite and having some hard candy. Which is strange, because if I'm not nauseous overly sweet things make me nauseous. Also saltines and toast are always the perfect go to staple for nausea.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Have you eaten any food since feeling hungry last night, or just the pot of tea this morning?

I'd grab some saltines or other type of cracker, something mellow, and get something on your stomach other than just green tea. Hope you feel better.

If you were super hungry last night, why did you start your day with nothing but a whole pot of tea rather than FOOD?
    This with peanut butter. if I am hungry to the point of nausea I need carbs fat and protein but mostly carbs to get quick fuel to my body.
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I feel nauseous quite often due to having my gallbladder out a few months back. Whenever I feel nauseous, I just eat something. Doesn't feel great while eating it, but with 10-15 minutes I feel fine again. I don't even go overboard with what I'm eating to feel okay again though. Mostly a cup of grapes or a banana. :)
  • peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It happens when you starve yourself. When i was younger i didnt eat for one whole day and by nightime i felt like throwing up. When i did i threw up some yellow liquid, i was told it was my bodys acid. Since it was so empty.
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have the same experience. Hungry of eating too little + tea (any kind, bur mostly strong black for me) may cause nausea. Try eating some rice cakes.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Tea on an empty stomach is known to cause nausea. Try to eat a lil something before.
  • jenniferfiedler
    Options
    My main go to food/drink combo when I'm feeling nauseous is Saltines and 7-up. Calms me right down. :)
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    That's one of the symptoms of low blood sugar. I'd suggest about an ounce of cheese or a bit or peanut butter. Maybe some yogurt. Try not to skip meals even if you don't have much in them. It keeps the blood sugars more stable.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had half a cup of yoghurt with powdered peanut butter & chocolate whey powder stirred in and I feel much much better
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Like many have said, try to eat something. I tend to just have some crackers or a piece of bread when I feel like this. Ginger ale always helps me as well.