Ladies who lift (or ride horses, or pole dance)

Options

Replies

• violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You sound like my kind of friend, OP. I'm not much of a cheerleader, but I am here everyday. Good on you for your first deadlift! My first one was 95 pounds, but I'm kind of an amazon so its expected.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Weight training has been the best thing for my physique, and using it, I have totally conquered skinny fatness.

And if you keep eating at the level you are supposed to (as opposed to waaaaay under like a lot of women tend to do) your deadlift will keep getting stronger and stronger. I started out with just the 45 pound Olympic bar last year, and now my 1RM is up to 180 pounds. I am anticipated to be at least 200 pounds in a couple of weeks or so.
  • rdrettig1
    rdrettig1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love weight lifting. :)
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOL @ cheerleader comment! I used to ride for work, just getting back into it for pleasure and actually enjoying it. I lift cos it helps me run faster and longer :) Feel free to add me.
  • alkababba
    alkababba Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and would be happy to be friends. I've been lifting for a little while (couple of months) but not regularly, only been for 11 sessions or something, but feel so good when I lift. Like I'm Arnie or something lol. Starting to eat properly and really smash it before my wedding in December.

the program the gym dude has me on is vertical chest press, compound row, lat pull down, 12 reps, 2 sets and currently on 42kilos (I think its roughly double to convert to pounds?) I'd like to be dead lifting but wouldn't have a clue. I'm scared to book in with trainer dude and be like "I'm ready for more stuff" when I have only been a couple of times. I'd really rather just do what I'm doing now, only instead of including cardio in my workout go for a jog every second morning and night, and then lift and lift alone for a whole session every second day. (atm he has me doing cardio for 15 mins before and after lifting)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I lift weights and I am a dancer.
  • empressemerald
    empressemerald Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey shadow box and ride horses and used to be a pole dancer in the privacy of my own home. I am fat and lost two pounds in a week. Lets be friends.
  • tiffany484
    tiffany484 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hmmm pole dancing sounds fun but I'm accident prone... Hanging by my legs upside down from a pole is probably not a good idea for me... But I'm all for watching! Oh and lifting is cool too... I do that :bigsmile:
  • GonnaBFit2510
    GonnaBFit2510 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hiya im doing NROLFW, just finished stage 1.
    I ride every week at least once and Im hoping to start pole in a couple of weeks when i can pluck up the courage lol.
    I shall send a FR. If any others would like to add me then feel free but do send a little note with it please. ????
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Best thread I've seen in the forums all week. Rock on, OP, rock on.

Damn right!
  • Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I was a cardio junky. Cardio plus starving myself was making my angry and the results stopped, but I don't think I can give it up completely. I love the way my lungs feel after a sprint. But lifting has now taken priority because I love eating. lol. I also really love that DOMS feeling.

I'm on Day 2 of NROLFW and I'm gonna kill it today!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Best thread I've seen in the forums all week. Rock on, OP, rock on.

Damn right!

Agreed! OP, I love to lift....:flowerforyou:
  • BakingMadGymAddict
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love LIFTING. I am less fat than I was before too.

Have a wonderful day everyone and happy training! xXx
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Wow! I went to bed and never expected to wake up to so much support. You guys are all awesome!

Yeah, the cheerleader comment... I'm not very perky (cynical/sarcastic is more like it) and I don't like false praise, so I don't give it. 36 calories expended walking a Yorkie is not "Great burn!" material. And I should mention that I eat. A lot. You know, like I'm a grown, active woman or something. 1200 calories, to me, is a meal and a glass of wine, not a way of life. (Apologies to the very petite for whom this might be sustainable).

I have a pretty small frame, so I'm going to be excited about any strength gains I get, but I will happily poke fun at myself along the way. Plus, I am having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that I can climb a pole and flip my entire body upside down over my head, but I can't lift more than 55 pounds off the floor with both feet planted firmly. Hmm...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm petite, but I still eat a lot. Yeah, 1200 calories is breakfast.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread OP!

Very inspiring.

:drinker:
  • marcelareyes78
    marcelareyes78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm not new to the app, just new to the forums. My story is as follows...I'm 34 years old, 5' 4', 150-155 lbs (depends on the month). I've always been an active kid, played sports as a teenager and I joined the Army Reserves when I was 20. Physical fitness is not a stranger to me. However, motivation has always been off and on especially if i workout by myself. Needless to say, my weight jumped up to 185 about a year ago and I was no longer "fighting fit" as the Army would say.

So I made small adjustments...no more soda (at all), I've split my meals for 5-6 times a day, water consumption up to 8 glasses or more, and vegetables, fruits and more vegetables. I'm a meat eater and a carboholic (especially having rice as a staple to my diet) so lean meat when i can and limiting carbs (i still have cheat day though) I started lifting again about a year ago and attempt to do it 3-4 times a week...it's an ongoing battle, but for me getting up before dawn and working out gets it out of the way. But i actually feel sad when it's my rest day, so i end up going for hikes and walks just to feel the rush.

Lastly, I love to lift...cardio is my enemy and i do it only because i have to...otherwise I lift... I'm no expert at weightlifting or nutrition, but i've made gains with what I've done. I look forward to learning from everyone else and offer motivation when needed. I'm looking to reach my max Army weight for my height/age at 149 lbs, but because my body type packs muscle...it will take a lot more dedication to get there...i just plod along with small changes :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread OP!

Very inspiring.

:drinker:

yep
  • luckyshilling
    luckyshilling Posts: 229
    Options
    I went out and bought my own bar, rack, plates and bench about a month ago. I is hooked on hoisting heavy objects every which way now. I also bike and hike. I always eat, no starvation mode for this girl.

Never pole danced, but desperately want to try.

Friends? I think we should. Sent ya a request.:flowerforyou:
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started lifting 2 weeks ago (SL 5x5 with some added lifts/ab work) and I am so hooked!!! I love it!!! I also started to incorporate some HIIT. I am feeling great and am already noticing little changes here and there, I can't wait to see what is to come in the next few months. I have two littles so the husband and I decided to get our own weight bench/squat rack, and I swear, that thing calls my name every day!

I also love to eat, so you will never see a vlcd in my diary. I eat between 2100-2300 calories/day of anything and everything as long as it fits!