I am starving and cant stop eating.

Options
I had been waking up at 430 am to do a fitness class 2-3 times a week and the past two weeks I just felt completely run down and have only done 1 class. Today I am starving.....I just cant satisfy my hunger. I have had...
an egg
a tortilla
cottage cheese
bacon
trail mix

I still feel hungry and its only 10:21

Replies

• GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Drink water and run away from the kitchen.
    I hate days like that!
  • ashkinlaw
    ashkinlaw Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You aren't "starving".
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    You're set to 1200 calories and it looks like you're eating back what you burn. Maybe 1200 is too low? Have you figured your BMR, TDEE etc?
  • Dnmather1
    Dnmather1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This helps me with extreme hunger chug two tall glasses of water. Even if you don't really want it. It is healthy and will make you feel overly full and help stop the hunger. :smile:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Your diet is off.

I don't know if you're logging accurately but there's alot of days where you don't reach 1200 calories.

Also, I'm not sure of your stats but I'm guessing 1300 calories is too low for you.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    It happens, especially with consistently high activity levels.

Have you tried drinking as much water as you possibly can without puking? It sometimes works for me, especially if I follow it up with something "sticky," like half a cup of oatmeal, and then distract myself with an activity incompatible with eating.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    eat more.
    simple.
    who cares what the time is? if you feed your body right, it will respond correctly and the hunger will go. i used to have a banana and whey after lifting and i was always hungry even after that...so i incorporated in some healthy fats(pb) and oats. problem solved.
    i was full for longer and didnt have to eat for another 3-4 hours.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. Figure out your BMR and make sure you always NET that or more for the day.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough. I'd be starving if I were you, too!

Check out this post, read the whole thing, and use it to set up your calories properly: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
  • LaurenAOK
    Options
    You aren't "starving".

Umm, I'm sorry, how do you happen to know exactly how hungry OP is or isn't feeling? :huh:
  • Dori_Gaga
    Dori_Gaga Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Eat more. When you are physically hungry, your body needs food. You can try to power through cravings, but physical hunger is a different thing. Listen to your body. You need energy to rebuild muscles after working out, and some forms of exercise continue to burn calories for hours after you are done, which may be the case here. Find your BMR and don't eat less than that, because you will be starving, and eating too few calories means you may not be getting enough nutrition, and are starving on a cellular level. Hunger is your body telling you it needs energy,never ignore that.
  • aliie38
    aliie38 Posts: 9
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep? I get really hungry when I don't get enough sleep.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I agree with you needing to eat more, but also when you eat. You say you get up really early to start an exercise class. Do you fuel your body in any way before exercise? Not anything heavy, but some simple sugars for energy, and then what do you fuel your body with after exercise?
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    You aren't "starving".

Umm, I'm sorry, how do you happen to know exactly how hungry OP is or isn't feeling? :huh:

I believe the semantics of the word "starving" is what's being questioned here. To be "starving" is to be severely suffering / dying from hunger.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Is it right before your TOM? Many women (me included) get intense feelings of hunger the week before their period. From what I've read, women do burn some extra calories during this time (couple hundred extra max). If that is the case, it might be okay to eat a bit more during this week.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses!

I have actually never eaten less than 1200 there have been some days I went hog wild and did not add it. I just decided I am aiming for 1500-1600 calories. Screw this 1200 nonsense.

Ok not starving but really really hungry......hyperbole, its the BEST
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You aren't "starving".

I agree with Lauren. We are supposed to be here as support. There are times when we all get that "I'm starving" feeling. For me personally, it is a sign to me that 1-I need more food or 2-my meds are not working properly or 3-I am having an emotional day.
    That's just me. You didn't say if this was just today or an ongoing issue.There are a lot of good suggestions here. Maybe you do need to eat more. Give it a try & see how you feel. Good luck!
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You aren't "starving".

I believe the semantics of the word "starving" is what's being questioned here. To be "starving" is to be severely suffering / dying from hunger.

Figure of speech, no need for the do-gooders of the world to come out in force.
  • LaurenAOK
    Options
    You aren't "starving".

I know that, but I'm pretty sure "starving" is a generally accepted term do describe feeling very hungry nowadays. I didn't think anyone would honestly be criticizing someone for using it as such... guess I was wrong :laugh: