Does anyone esle has days where they are really tired and hu

Options
I've been doing great for the past week, working out or just keeping active. Yesturday morning I got up at 7 and workout with Jillain 30 day shred, went to work, after work played tennis and went for a 30 min walk. More than I'm use to doing. And watch all my calorie intake and ate back most of my burned calories. The problem is I was very tired today and very hungry. Just couldnt get enough. So I ate something for dinner that maybe I shouldnt ate but it really helped my hunger and afterwards I went and played tennis and felt a whole lot better. I was wondering why I got like this. Now I feel really guilty that I slurge but on the bright side Im not over by much on my calorie intake for today. Do any one has days like this and maybe a reason why? Thanks

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I've had days like that, not sure why. Maybe our body just needs a little more after sticking to the diet so rigidly . But I wouldnt worry about it. You werent over by much and you are doing alot of exercise. Keep it up, youre doing great....
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HEY THAT ISN' UNCOMMON ON DAY WHEN I EXERCISE ALOT I DO EXPIRENCE TIREDNESS AND HUNGER, DON'T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT EATING , BACK OFF ON SOME UR EXERCISING, AND GET SOME MORE REST. U CAN STILL W/O JUST HAVE MAYBE SOME HEAVY DAYS AND SOME LIGHTER DAYS, JUST AS LONG AS U DO A LITTLE SOMETHING EACH DAY...GOOD LUCK AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..ISSYs0.wpngurl=httww.myfitnespal.com/weight-loss-ticker]weight-loss-ticker]weight-loss-ticker]105431[/url]
    Tools

STARTING WT: WITH MFP.....214 LB..2/27/`0
    1ST MINI GOAL 190.0 8/2/10

STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO...
  • chelsea_r2000
    chelsea_r2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i always make sure i drink lots of water before i eat after feeling hungry like that in case i am mistaking hunger for thirst.
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    I have days like that, and I think it is common. My worst overeating days come the day after running half or full marathons or century rides. I can even go over a little the day of and still be out of control the day after. I'm not sure what it is, but I know it happens to a lot of people. Backing off on the exercise helps bring some of the control back.
  • latronseya
    latronseya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have had plenty of days like the one that you are having, when I just can't exercise because my body is tired, I just add extra steps into my day. For example, I park further from my car, and I take the steps as often as possible. I just go out the way to make extra steps. It is not good to do that everyday (not exercise), but it wouldn't hurt to do that on the day your body is too tired for a workout. As far as eating right that is my struggle also, so it hard for me to really give you advice. One thing I do though is drink plenty of water; I tell myself that the more I drink, the more excess food flushed out. I don't know if that really true, but just start over tomorrow. We all have bad days, but we need to get back on the good foot as soon as possible!:smile:
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Rest days are vital! Sometimes you have peaks and valleys as far as energy comes - I know, I for one, absolutely feel it when I forget or don't have a Shakeology in the morning. I think energy lows mostly come from nutrition or emotional lows. Look closely at your motivation and your nutrition, if you're bored of your workouts - that can lead to low energy, or if you've been eating the wrong foods, that can do the same. The two aspects are completely related!

Steve
    knightfit.com
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Today :laugh:

I went to the gym this morning and by the end I was just soooo exhausted, I was barely pushing my bike pedals and felt like I was going to throw up ..and was sweating buckets!

And all I want to do is eat and eat, but when I go to eat .. nothing sounds or looks good.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    I too have days like that, but I push through them, stick to my allotments and programs. I then have a brilliant next day or two. I feel confidant that I could push through, I feel accomplished that I had enough drive and I feel strong. Strong like bring on another day like that and I will conquer it! Good luck to you, you got this!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    When you are tired and hungry like that it's because your body is literally starving. Calories are energy. When you exercise a lot you use the energy that's in your body, including burning up the energy that is in your fat and muscles. If you don't eat the right type and amount of food your body will go into starvation mode and make you very hungry. You can offset this by drinking more gatorade while exercising, which has fewer calories than a meal but the nutrients your body needs that are absent in plain water. Also try eating more protein on days you exercise more. Carbs burn faster and protein will also help build/repair more muscle.

Hope that helps!
  • canstey
    canstey Posts: 118
    Options
    You exercised very heavily and used up your muscle energy reserves. It takes the body 24-48 hours to restore them. It takes longer when you are running a calorie deficit to lose weight compared to when you eat maintenance or even excess calories like many athletes do to recover faster. Attempting to exercise very hard all the time to maximize fitness and losing weight are competing objectives. The former requires excess calories and the latter a deficit. Focus on maintaining your deficit at reasonable work out levels and you shouldn't have too many tired days.
  • phillips87
    phillips87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that on Sunday. Not so much the hungry part but I just felt exhausted.
    I had worked out hard all week and took the weekend off. I think I felt lethargic from not doing anything. I ended up walking my dog for about 30 min and felt a little better.
    Those days are just weird and no fun! I got back in my groove today and did my normal work out and have felt great all day.