mom keeps thinking i have/will develop an eating disorder

Options
hello everyone. last summer I started my weight loss journey by deciding to just drink more water, which led to healthier eating and more exercise. I still go back and forth with healthy eating, as I have eaten unhealthily all the time for so long, so I am able to keep my weight off through calories. I had stopped going to the gym for awhile, but I had a weight training class, and now I'm excited about the weights aspect and building muscles and getting stronger, much more than I had cared about before. however, the thing is, besides some of the unhealthy food I do eat, I am going about this the healthiest way possible. I am 5'6 126 lbs, but probably gaining weight due to the muscle, but I eat around 1800-2000 calories a day and go to the gym/lift weights 2-3 times a week. does anyone have any advice that I could tell my mom that any fat I lose/muscle I gain will be healthy, and not through barely eating or way too much exercise?

Replies

• RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Eh. Moms are moms. They worry.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Why is your mother worried? What exactly do you do that concerns her? Thing is, all we have to go on is your point of view, not hers.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Eh. Moms are moms. They worry.

^^^THIS!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Parents worry...it just happens.

We are also great "enablers" and tend to reward/comfort our children with food.

I would just tell her, sorry mom, this is how I want to live to my life. I love you.
  • xxstormynightsxx
    Options
    okay great this is good to know. i'm glad it sounds like it's a pretty usual thing. thanks so much you all:)
  • shalysewrightbethea
    shalysewrightbethea Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Since you are 19, its most like is you mom just being a mom. You just hit you adulthood so she worries about the decisions you make. You just have to show her that you are doing right. Maybe let her go to you next checkup with you so she can hear from the doctor that you are fine. I'm about to be 21 and my family still likes to interject on every aspect of my life because i'm their "baby."
  • ThoseRabbits
    ThoseRabbits Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    iz your mom overweight?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing you can do is give her access to your diary. That way she can see what you're actually doing every day.