Staying motivated when you hit your goal?

Options
I was struggling with motivation recently and realized it was because I'd pretty much nailed my goals. So obviously I need new goals to prevent me from diving head-first into a bag of Doritos. What do you guys do when you reach your destination? Concentrate on toning? Building muscle? Improving flexibility? Trying entirely new workout regimens?

Replies

• ThePolishExperiment
    ThePolishExperiment Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You have answered your own question there bro, like I have got to 185, but i'm now setting myself two goals, to stay at 185 and not waiver, and also, to reduce my body fat, that is my first two goals, and improve my conditioning and work capacity, but that comes with the workouts i'm doing. Just set yourself a new goal, like improve your nutrition, or work slightly harder, go for longer, devote more time to working out rather than going and sitting in front of the tv for hours, anything you know?
  • Gangwolf
    Gangwolf Posts: 40
    Options
    My problem right now is that work is interfering with my schedule because of the crazy hours. So I'm trying to maintain until things calm down...and then jump onto a new goal. I'm just weighing the options and seeing what works for others. Right now I'm torn between muscle building and toning up.
  • ThePolishExperiment
    ThePolishExperiment Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    to be honest, you could do either, and maintain your weight, obviously your body shape would alter because you would have more muscle, or less body fat or both, but you could easily do either one with little fuss.