Need some advice please.......

Options
I have been exercising everyday and staying under my calorie goal but for the last 5 days I have not lost any weight. It actually fluctuates within about 2 pounds more from my losest weigh in 5 days ago. I started eating healthy about 3 weeks ago and exersicing about 2 weeks ago. Is it possible that I hit a plateau already? Am I not eating enough? Could someone please help????

Replies

• UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising everyday and staying under my calorie goal but for the last 5 days I have not lost any weight. It actually fluctuates within about 2 pounds more from my losest weigh in 5 days ago. I started eating healthy about 3 weeks ago and exersicing about 2 weeks ago. Is it possible that I hit a plateau already? Am I not eating enough? Could someone please help????

5 days? You just need patience, not help.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    No, keep doing what you are doing. Log accurately. I gain five pounds on a regular basis but don't sweat it. I know that as long as I stay under TDEE I will not gain. Weight loss is not linear.
    Here is my trend from the last three months. I know I am not gaining weight even when the scale says I am. So my five pound spikes can't touch me!:)
    E6E1A96E-CBD5-446A-B652-CA9A0FFA5EB2-683-0000013BA8C615B8_zps35dd0d13.jpg

It takes patience too.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    5 days? Be patient and take measurements over using the scale.

Don't stress about it so much.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You might also want to open your diary if you want advice. The more information the better. I kind of agree with the other posters. Have some patience. 5 days is nothing- I stall sometimes for a week to a week and a half!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You need to keep eating as clean as possible and exercising. Keep in mind in order to lose it and keep it off these things need to be things you will do for life, otherwise it's another yo yo.

Also this is why we have NSV (non scale victories) because the scale doesn't always give us a true picture of our progress.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    its a marathon not a sprint..

it will take your body four to six weeks to adapt to any change you make and then about another 6-8 weeks to start seeing said changes...

you did not get over weight out of shape in five days, and you will not get back in shape in five days..

its a process and lifestyle change..

good luck to you ...
  • klawryno144
    Options
    it took you more then 5 days to gain the weight, it will take longer then 5 days to lose it.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If you have just begun to exercise you will retain water (muscle inflammation) for the first few days.

Be disciplined, stay consistent, you will lose weight.
  • kevinsherrell
    Options
    I wouldnt make any changes just yet, you've lost some weight already it seems, so just keep at it - sometimes you body just lags a little. If you got 2 weeks or so without shedding in lbs, then I'd look to make some changes, mostly make sure you eat the right foods in additional to meeting your calorie goals. Also be sure not over estimate your calorie burn form exercise. We all thing we burn more than we actually do.

Keep it up!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week. Sounds like you are weighing yourself on a daily basis and letting the scale bother you too much. Like others have said just be patient. You didn't gain the weight you want to lose in 5 days.
  • JAcraft
    JAcraft Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 Best advise I have seen anyone give on MFP in a long time. I would only add if you are serious about getting fit and loosing weight seek serious help from professionals in your area. Max Muscle and other professionals like them can help lead you in the right direct. Keep going.
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking water constantly! With you just starting, your body is trying to heal itself and will need plenty of water to flush out all of the "bad" stuff. If you're holding on to extra water weight it could explain why you're fluctuating as well. Also, make sure you're weighing at about the same time everyday. I know I weigh about 2 pounds heavier at night (boo!) lol. I aim to drink 24 oz of water in the first hour I'm awake and another 64 oz throughout the day. Hope that helps!
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oh! I didn't mean weigh everyday by the way lol. I mean weigh at the same time on the day you choose once a week.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    There's no way you're going to see daily weight loss without gains. Just keep going.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Weigh once a week. Weighing daily only shows water fluctuations.

You should be losing 1-2lbs a week. If your calorie reduction is reasonable as in 20 percent below your maintenance, you shouldn't plateau by now.
  • jesse1952
    jesse1952 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Some of this stuff just takes time.
  • angelkrone
    angelkrone Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice. I have been weighing twice a week, I will go down to once a week. I really did not mean to come off as impatient. I was just concerned that maybe I was doing something wrong because I had gained 2 pounds back. I am very serious about losing this weight and I want to do it right. My whole family has made this change with me and we all have decided to eat better. Thank you all for answering so quickly and being helpful & positive.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    it take s more than 5 days
    and u only weigh yourself once a week
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Lol 2 days ago i was 133..today im 140.
    Welcome to the rollercoaster of fat loss!
    ;D
  • hollyc_612
    hollyc_612 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Give it a bit more time and if you still don't see a difference then try eating little and often. Sometimes smaller meals or small healthy snacks between meals can help. Make sure to drink plenty of water too. Good luck =)