Favorite Work Out Music?

Options
I'm going to make a work out mix for my iPod to take to the gym with me. I was wondering what some of you lovely people listen to to keep your tempo and heart rate up.
This is the first day I've taken my iPod with me, and I didn't have a mix yet. I did find that angry rock songs (Old School Fall Out Boy, and some Linkin Park) really got me up, and some fun indie songs (The Hush Sound and Champions of Breakfast). I'm thinking about downloading some dubstep, and disco.
What do you use, any suggestions?

Replies

• rachaellynnbosen
    Options
    Anything danceable works for me. I work out to pop music. Britney Spears & Shakira. Anything that makes me WANT to move. :D
  • mdtoll
    mdtoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    honestly I listen more to rock than anything else and it works for me! bands like three days grace, linkin park, papa roach, breaking benjamin, disturbed really get me pumped to exercise but i also add in bands like Gym class heroes and maroon 5 for a change of pace that i use with my cool down
    Good luck creating your own work out mix :)
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I like anything with a good beat. Really depends on my mood. If I'm stressed most likely rock. bullet for my valentine, sevendust, papa roach, skillet, carajo. If I m in a more upbeat mood pitbull, jayz, shakira, bruno mars, lady gaga wisin y yandel, David Guetta, Taio Cruz, tony dize. Just listen to a song if it makes you push through the pain and gets you to move faster and be stronger then it's going to be a great choice :)
  • JamesVista
    Options
    If you're into electro/dubstep/house/trance.. google "dabears mixes"
    You won't regret it!
  • JohnFlevarakis
    Options
    Pandora "drake station". I usually listen to country music but something about drake station keeps me motivated and it mixes in some other random songs
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I love to work out to LMFAO. The songs just give me so much energy and make working out fun.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Milky Pie Remix by 16bit

And if you want the most kick *kitten* list of electronica add me as a friend, as I am too lazy to type all of it out. :p
  • grandtheftuno
    Options
    I only have an ipod shuffle, and I don't have a lot of upbeat stuff. I think my favourite is a Toronto pop-punk band called Junior Battles. They always seem to make me move a little faster.

OP, you might enjoy them. They are kind of Fallout Boy-esque.
  • GAsoulstar
    GAsoulstar Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    AnyTHING that HAS a good BEAT!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • TashaUCanDoIt
    TashaUCanDoIt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Beyonce, Jessie J and 90's hip-hop! :) But usually If I have Beyonce in my ear, I'm good!
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Depends on the type of workout. Weights are typically rock like Staind, Disturbed, Dope, Drowning Pool, papa roack and Bullet for my valentine then rap like 50 cent, NERD or eminem.

While running can be anything from *****cat dolls, linkin park, 50 cent, Jayz, D12. Lil Wayne, House of Pain, Fall out boy and pitbull.

Boxing is more energetic than anything. Jayz onto the next one is my main boxing song, Korn coming undone, Lil Jon Bia Bia, MOP Ante up, Crank that souja boy (NOT the original, Download Travis Barkers redo!!)
  • Diana8923
    Diana8923 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    U2!!!