Anyone from India trying to loose weight.

Options
Hi friends,

I am from India, is there anyone else from India trying to loose weight. Please add me as your friend. I want to discuss about lots of indian food and their nutrition.

Replies

• c2tarun
    c2tarun Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    I'm not from India but have a lot of friends who are. Indian food is delicious, but I don't really see it being part of a healthy diet for weight loss.
  • c2tarun
    Options
    yeah, you are right. That is why I need help in deciding what to eat and what to avoid.
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    if you cook, i suggest entering the recipes here to see what is in what dishes (or ask someone for recipe). also, watch what and how much oils you use when cooking. lots of veggies = good, but doesn't automatically mean healthy. good luck!
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am from India and over the course of few years, I have gradually moved towards a more sustainable eating style. My diary is open and I will be happy to share your journey too!
  • Ritesh_Pandey
    Ritesh_Pandey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am from India and have lost 5kg till now, 9 more to go...feel free to add me
  • MsJourno
    MsJourno Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm not from India but have a lot of friends who are. Indian food is delicious, but I don't really see it being part of a healthy diet for weight loss.

You are so wrong,,,,it is as easy to lose weight on an Indian diet as it is on any other diet. I am from India and eat mostly Indian. The trick is to eat sensibly and educate yourself on nutrition.
  • c2tarun
    Options
    Thanks for replying guys, I added all of you to my friend list. Till now I am able to meet my calorie goal everyday. I'll try to ask more questions regarding nutrition in future.
  • ranganayakee
    ranganayakee Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am of Indian origin and mostly eat Indian veggie food. I try to follow a low carb-high protein diet. Please feel free to add me.
  • dhali007
    dhali007 Posts: 1
    Options
    PLZ ADD ME ALSO ON FITNESS PAL
  • LiveSexyDieSexy
    Options
    Guys, I am from Pune, India. Please add me. Definitely looking forward to giving & getting support. Lets get lean mean n fit!
  • divs2k7
    divs2k7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am from India too. Please add me guys. And as some one else also pointed above, there are healthy Indian food you can eat to lose weight.
  • soontobemomma
    Options
    Me me! I don't log religiously but I am here all the time. One correction - it's lose not loose! ok?:flowerforyou:
  • Telugammayi87
    Telugammayi87 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm from the US but my heart is pure Desi :heart:

I'll be moving to India in a couple of years :D

I cook loads of Indian food...esp South Indian.... feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Incessantwriter
    Options
    I'm from India and also trying to lose weight :)