Starting over

Options
ebriesch
ebriesch Posts: 7 Member
Hi, I just joined MFP. I had gastric bypass nine years ago June 29. I lost 180 pounds, then I had knee replacement on my right knee. Unfortunately, that didn't help me at all. It failed, I had to have a revision and that hasn't worked either. I have severe swelling in my right knee and haven't been able to walk very well ever since. That has led to depression, pain, regain. Plus, I've been laid off, got a new job, moved 1,000 miles away, then got another new job, moved again, have had financial problems ... well, you understand why I've regained 70 pounds. I'm ashamed of myself for this. I swore I wouldn't regain, but I have. I recently had a knee replacement on the left knee and it's doing OK, but I still have lots of pain everywhere else on my body. I have spinal arthritis, fibromyalgia, still have the swelling on the right knee, pain in my right foot ... you name it, I have pain. I work crazy hours (but I like it ... I'm a night owl). I don't have lots of friends in my new town yet, so I've lost my support system. I'm trying to get back on track so I can lose this regain. A friend of mine who uses MFP told me to try this ... she just had gastric sleeve surgery. She is losing fast and I'm so proud of her; I want her to do well and I don't want her to pass me up.

Anyway, that's my story. I need support from somewhere.
Eileen

Replies

• LiveSexyDieSexy
    Options
    Well,
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    You can do this! Add me as a friend if you'd like - I check in every day.:flowerforyou:
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Sounds like life has really thrown you some curves but the great part is you can get back to where you were. The other great part is your friend motivating you to try this site. It has been the best for me even though I still have a long way to go..I have some amazing friends on here that keep me motivated. You can do this if your mind is made up that you can. Add me if you like :) best of luck!!!!
  • flowerpoweredme
    Options
    You CAN do this, add me if you like...
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. Some people have tough luck but only in seasons. Regardless of what you've been through, you're still in control of most things in your life, including your diet. Let's start there. I share my food diary with friends and you should share yours too! This is the best way to help support you.
  • PokeTheSquishy92
    Options
    I am starting over too! feel free to add me :)