My 1 yr anniversary success story

Options
bpwparents
bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
I just completed my 2nd 5k and all I can say is, Wow, what a difference a year can make! 1 year ago today I was starting at 263lbs and was completely unhappy with how I looked and the lack of clothes I had to wear. Nothing was fitting comfortably anymore and I would long all week for the weekends and sweatpants. I really didn't realize at that time of how out of shape I was, just that I couldn't comfortably wear a closet full of clothes. Here I am a year later and am not fitting into clothes that I packed away years ago and am in the best shape of my adult life. I'm down 72 lbs and 27 inches. I am finally at my pre-baby weight. I still have a lot further to go though. 1st goal is another 10 lbs to get out of the obese category. My ultimate goal is 160 and then I will re-evaluate from there. I NEVER could have gotten this far if it was not for my wonderful MFP peeps that have supported my along the way. Without a few of you I would have backslid a long time ago. You've listened to my complaints about my darn lying scale and have celebrated along side with every victory. Thank you!!! Now I have used the message boards along my lifestyle change and have gotten inspiration and ideas along the way. These are some of the things that I have learned.
1) Log religiously. I was never aware of what I was putting into myself and how much until this past year. Even things I thought were healthy are only healthy in moderation.
2) Don't give up. I feel taking longer to lose the weight is healthier and more sustainable than any quick fix. There is no magic pill
3) Plateaus happen. Look at your diary and see if anything is being done different to cause it (high sodium levels, less exercise time). Otherwise accept and know that the scale will move eventually and know that if anything else, you are doing the right things for your body, even if your body doesn't know it at the time
4) This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Plan your meals and if it fits in your log, go for it. I am not about to cook separate meals for everyone in my household. I eat what they eat and make it fit. (cooking a little healthier doesn't hurt). Oh and who said you can't have a kiddie ice cream once in a while?
5) Cook your own food as much as possible. I'm a busy mom of 2, I know it's not always possible but use websites like skinnytaste.com and your crock pot (working mom's best friend).
6) We're all different . Experiment and find what works for you.
Last but not least you can do anything you want to do. I never considered myself a runner, but now I do. I thought I would die the first time that I took a Body Combat class. Now I love them and do well. Now for the pics!
Before - I hate this pics!!
DSCN1301_zpsc8438e5e.jpg
DSCN1302_zps9aa0ec3f.jpg
About 7 months in
photo-1.jpg
1 year later!!
8ec6cedf-e9b6-4bac-807a-8bcfef3b350a_zpsb921483e.jpg
05802d3b-d822-4d56-a22a-360365118f48_zpsc10338c0.jpg

Replies

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress, and thanks for the tips!
  • laurenmcallister
    laurenmcallister Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great work - you should be very proud!
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!! Such a great job and such an inspiration! thanks for sharing!
  • fcevallos
    fcevallos Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Good for you!!!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You are looking awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
  • In_His_Image
    In_His_Image Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! And thank you for taking the time to give advice! :)
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    great job! & you look great!!!!
  • amariecarr
    amariecarr Posts: 16
    Options
    What a transformation! And great inspiration to the rest of us. Nice work!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Truthfully it's been a lot of hard work, but it's all worth it! Now onto the next at least 40 lbs!
  • missyr13
    missyr13 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great Job!!:happy:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great work! I haven't thought about my crockpot in years! Time to dig it out!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    fan-tastic
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • tigsi
    tigsi Posts: 36
    Options
    Congratulations, I'm happy for you :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!