Hi I'm fairly new!!

Options
Hi,
My name is Lynn and this is the second time that I have signed on to this site. I did fairly well the first time, but I really think that I need support!! I quit smoking 2 years ago and managed to gain a lot of weight...that on top of menopause is NOT a good combo! I just can not get these last 20 pounds off!!... I do great for awhile, then I veer off. Can someone PLEASE help me out here....!!??

Replies

• Kpatty
    Kpatty Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi Lynn. I don't know how much help I can be...but you can definitely talk to me and we can "push" each other. I have 35 pounds to lose. I used to be a smoker, too. I know you can do it!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome again,
    It is so easy to get off track and sometimes hard to get back ontrack. This is a great site, but you have to be faithful about keeping track of calories and exercise. I too start out great and then find it hard to stick with it. Feel free to add me as a friend we can encourage each other
  • brankinfoster
    brankinfoster Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. I know what you mean about those extras pounds that won't come off. I'm pretty new to MFP also but I can already tell that the support that we give each other is so important. Just reading the different posts helps me know that I'm not alone and there are others that are struggling with the same issues I am. Congrats on quitting smoking. Even though you gained weight, it's so great that you were able to quit. Keep up the good work and good luck with your weight loss and getting healthier.
  • lynnmarie22
    lynnmarie22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all SO much for your kindness! I am going through a really difficult time in my life (post divorce fighting about price of house) tip of the iceberg. I need to focus on ME this year. I'll need your help and you will ALL have mine in return! Good Luck Ladies.....we can do it!!!!
    Lynn