Celebrity Slim?

Options
To all of those who have heard of or tried the "Celebrity Slim" plan (especially the "Trim" phase), what did you think?

I heard from a mutual friend that a girl did it for two weeks, and she lost 5lbs, which seems pretty good, but the idea of only drinking shakes, soup, or eating a bar, doesn't sound very manageable.

Just looking for more opinions or information on it. :) Thanks!

Replies

• lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    One of the many fad diets I have tried over the years. I would steer well clear if I was you! Yes, you lose weight on it but the fact you aren't eating normally tells you how sustainable both the diet and the weight loss is!

I put all those pounds back on, plus some of their buddies, before I could have uttered the phrase 'Celebrity Slim'.

Also, debating whether you could get away with knocking a child over for his cheeseburger is never a thought anyone should contemplate.....
  • PipBnz
    PipBnz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use it in 2 week spurts now and then when im in a plateau for a month or so, when u stop to maintain the loss you have to eat super clean and keep up the exercise and slowly get back to eating a normal amount.
    i eat fairly normal dinners when i do it (not just a salad like they suggest) because i know if i eat under 1200 cal i would push that kid over for his cheeseburger haha!

In my experience i still make good losses, the first time i did the program i lost 9kg in 2 weeks and had a massive binge at the end, and put it all back on again. But having normal dinners and taking the calorie intake from 800-1000 as is in the plan to around 1300-1350 has helped me avoid the bingeing and be able to lose 3-4 kg in the 2 week period and kickstart things again.

If i could go back to the first time i tried it i would change my lifestyle and crappy eating habits FIRST, then try the program.
    But i definitely wouldn't recommend it long term, i agree with what Icfairbairn74 said, you aren't eating normally so how can it be sustainable?

p.s even when i'm not on the program as such i still take the soups to work for winter lunches so i have something warm and filling and don't get tempted by hot pies/ bakery goods
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    ANY plan works when followed. Even one that just has calorie deficit and eating what you like.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cerexflikex
    cerexflikex Posts: 58
    Options
    Also, debating whether you could get away with knocking a child over for his cheeseburger is never a thought anyone should contemplate.....

:laugh: :laugh: