c25K, why all of a sudden 2 miles

Options
perdie7
perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
why during week five does it go from a longest interval of 3/4 mile, then all of a sudden 2 miles, then back down to 3/4 the next time.

Replies

• trin8ty75
    trin8ty75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So you realize that you CAN do it. The program is designed to work - believe me because I recently graduated from it and have moved on to a 10K trainer. Once you prove to yourself that you can run 20 minutes, the rest is cake
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the poster above me. I just did the 20 minute run 2 days ago and now I'm not scared to move forward where before I was dreading every new week
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for the 2nd time, building back up after the winter. I thought it was weird last time, had me wondering again this time. I do agree, when I did it the first time, I was like, WOW! I did it, then I think a week later I decided forget this, if I could do the two miles I can do the tree and I did!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Distance training programs usually involve cycles of higher then lower mileage. This allow you to introduce the body to a new stress and then allow it to recover from this stress before doing it again. That's what this section is doing. Embrace it.