In need of supplement ideas O_O

Options
What supplements do you recommend for every day or bi-weekly use to maintain health or just for that extra kick start or boost.
Nothing fad dieting, I mean natural supplements, Vitamins Minerals etc.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your goals.

I take daily: Multivitamins, Vitamin C, Fish Oil and Calcium.

I take whey protein if I exercise. No workout, then no whey protein.

I am trying to increase my daily protein intake with natural food: eggs(boiled), oatmeal (steel cut), cottage cheese, greek yogurt, quinoa, beans, lentils, chickpeas, tofu, lean chicken breast and fatty fish.

Good luck in your journey
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My current supplements - supplied and recommended to me by a nutritionist who owns a health food store:

Raspberry Ketone
    Green Coffee Extract
    DHEA
    Omega-3s
    Probiotics
    MVI
    Calcium (which my Dr told me to take because I can't have dairy)
    I'm also using an Acai berry juice which I use a shot of in my smoothies :)
  • abigailtabby
    Options
    Really depends on what your body needs - I bought The Pill Book Guide to Natural Medicines a few years back and use it religiously. It discusses a wide variety of health conditions, vitamins, minerals, accessory nutrients and other natural products, and grades the supplements based on safety and effectiveness. I have found it very useful as a guide and then if I consider using a specific supplement, I bounce it against various internet resources to validate (my copy is a bit outdated)

I suffer from depression, so I take a B stress complex in the morning and then an additional B12 at night.

Also
    Multi-vitamin
    Fish Oil
    Co - enzyme Q10
    Milk thistle - which improves liver function (I've done some damage to mine)

Chromium Picolinate is great for energy if you're working out, but it can make you a bit hyper so don't take it if you're not going to burn off the energy
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    CoQ10 -- great for your heart. I take yummy gummies :)
    Krill Oil -- is said to be much more bio-available fish oil source
    Zyflamend -- is a cocktail of a bunch of anti-inflammatory herbs in gelcap form.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Fish oil (the most researched benefits) and whey protein.