Friends Who Log In Daily?

Options
NumbrsNerd
NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
Hi, my name's Jamie. I'm looking for a few more friends who log-in daily. I haven't been on here that long, but I came here from Fitday - I'm no stranger to tracking my food and exercise. I'm 30, married, and a mom of one. I work full time and go to school part time. I'm trying to break my yo-yo dieting habit by learning from others on here and doing this the right way, finally, rather than just starving the weight off. I've got about 40 lbs I'd like to lose once and for all. I don't eat clean, but I log every bite that goes into my mouth. I promise to motivate you AND call you on your BS when you need it. I'd really appreciate some new buddies who'll do the same for me!

Replies

• aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it! I've been logging in daily, but can use more motivation for hitting my goals, exercising, and all the rest.
  • eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey. I've been logging in for 45 plus days so far. Anyone can add me as long as you promise to motivate me. Because I will surely do my best to do the same for you! :)
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've been logging for over 100 consecutive days now. Diary is open. Some days are good, some days are bad....but that's life. I try to motivate my friends as much as possible, but it's tough to reach everyone on a daily basis. If anyone adds me as a friend, just know I'm always available through private message if you ever need extra encouragement or are having a problem.
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Well, normally I could respond by saying I log daily, but if I say that and you go look at my diary, you'll see quite a few unlogged days. We just got back from Disney World (last Sunday) and I didn't log during vacation, but I've been back on track since Monday!

I've been at this since November 11th, and every single friend I had when I started (through the boards and whatnot) have fallen off the wagon, so I'm adding a few here and there, but I would really love to have motivational friends again, who are on track and logging regularly.

I've tried a lot of approaches over the last six months and the approach that works best for me is 1200 calories plus some exercise calories. If that bothers you and you'll feel the need to tell me I'm not eating enough, please don't add me. If you're alright with everyone doing what's best for them, please add me! :)
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    I log daily, I love the app
  • athenanina
    athenanina Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also new to the whole fitnesspal thing, and need friends who log in daily!
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to reach 100 days of logging in! Feel free to add me :)
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here, too! So far I've logged in every day and I plan to continue doing so. When I reach my goal I intend to use MFP to maintain for the forseeable future! My name is Susan, I'm a nurse and very interested in helping ANYONE get healthier, especially motivated folks like you, Jamie! I know how hard it is to completely change your lifestyle with kids and work and school. I feel that checking in daily is a key to success, just like logging everything you eat. It makes us accountable to ourselves! I have a bad habit of not exercising often enough, which is one area where I need motivation! I sent you a friend request. :smile:
  • kenny7734
    kenny7734 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm at 395. Its become a lifestyle for me. Feel free to add...or anyone else reading this who could use motivation from time to time.I try to respond to everyone without being a fitness Nazi.
  • body_in_progress
    body_in_progress Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi team, I am a daily logger and have been been on the weight loss wagon for about a year now. I have managed to lose 19.5kg and have another 5 to go before I start the maintenance and toning hard part. I log everything, try to exercise most days and motivate and support others on their journey as well. I find if I dont motivate others I dont stay motivated myself, so please add me if you like, I look forward to peoples accomplishments!!
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I log everyday and try my best to motivate my mfp friends. You can add me if you wish! :)
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I log in every day...feel free to add me!!
  • snowfallgently
    Options
    I too am looking for MFP friends who log in daily. I just started out with MFP and need friends!!! So hope to see you around. I am a wife, mother of a son (12) and daughter (10) and a dental hygienist. I don't know how to ask you to be my friend.... Joanne
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP and have one friend, my mother and she only logs in when I bug her...so I have no moral support!! Looking to find and friend more motivational people!! I log in daily...still trying to tweak my exercise program but would love to go along this journey to healthy with others :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,685 Member
    Options
    With over 15,000 posts...............................yeah I log.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I log in daily except for short spans when I let my friends know ahead of time.

I try to post responses to friends status updates a few times a week though my friends list is growing and sometimes I do miss things. I also respond to private messages although it tends to take me a day or so because I've been known to write WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much!

And I totally need to be called out on my BS whining sometimes. It's been bad lately and I don't see anyone stepping up currently. I figure my friends must have hidden me at this point ;)

The only thing I don't welcome is closed-mindedness. I CANNOT stand people that aren't willing to accept that we're all individuals and we all do different things. As long as a person isn't starving themselves, they should be let to lose weight in their own way.

If you're up for that, fee free to add me!
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have logged in every day since Jan 7. I started at 219 and I'm at 195. I eat around 1500 calories a day but almost no exercise. I'm not a big motivator, just doing my own thing so I may or may not respond to daily postings but I'm on here throughout the day. I went to a movie today; I only go a couple of times a year. I had butter popcorn and a candy bar, a great cooked breakfast and supper and stayed within my calories (over my fat of course) but feel good about it. I wish you the best.
  • marydhastings
    marydhastings Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I post stuff all the time, and I'm full of information if you need it.
    My diary is public, take a gander at it, if it interests you , add me (:
  • cchapa0911
    cchapa0911 Posts: 14
    Options
    I login daily. Feel free to add me! I'm new to the site, but already loving it!
  • shanehd
    shanehd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey I log in daily and log everything I eat the good and the bad sometimes I comment and sometimes I don't. feel free to add me my diary is open