wanted, some stomach excercises

Options
Somebody, anybody, please post some good excercises that will help me get rid of this gut without me killing my back.

Replies

• cassycarter
    Options
    You might want to try yoga. It's great!
  • cassycarter
    Options
    And there are a ton of differnet kinds! Maybe avoid Hot Yoga or any Power Yoga. I think Hatha is one you may want to consider. Or a Yin.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Thank you and I just googled hatha yoga and it looks easy enough. I'll give it try tomorrow. Thanks again.
  • kikibruce
    kikibruce Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Someone I work with who has been going to the gym for 18 yrs told me to do and extra 15 to 30 minutes of cardio to get rid of belly fat. That if you do core training before melting the fat then muscle builds over the fat and its harder to lose the fat.
  • donna56
    Options
    Someone I work with who has been going to the gym for 18 yrs told me to do and extra 15 to 30 minutes of cardio to get rid of belly fat. That if you do core training before melting the fat then muscle builds over the fat and its harder to lose the fat.

Thank you, it seems to me that I have heard something like that before, but I had forgotten all about it.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

I am concerned about the last part of the statement. Fat is fat where ever it is. At the same time, yes you do need to do cardio, you also need strength training and abdominals (core training actually). In addition, you need healthy eating. Healthy eating accounts for 75%-80% of the package. It is very difficult to loose belly fat, especially in women.

I doubt if you are about to build so much muscle in your core that it would be building over fat which could then not be accessed and make it harder to lose. So my gut feel (pun intended) about that part of the statement is that it can be ignored.

Go bust your gut, girlfriend :bigsmile: There are also many examples on the internet if you google "abdominal exercises for women". For example: http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/a/flatabs.htm

You can totally do it! Let me know how it goes.

:heart: :heart: Rebel :heart: :heart:
  • donna56
    Options
    Thanks Rebel :smile: I so don't have any kind of equlpment, except for an exercise ball, but there is some ab stuff I can do with that:drinker: