What do you guys think of my wokout plan?

Options
Hello all! How are you?
Okay so as you know summer is coming up and I wanna take advantage of that and lose my weight. I am 149 pounds and wanna be 199 pounds and Im 5"3.
So here is what I got
June:Treadmill do 5-6 miles a day
July:Jillian michaels 30 day shred
August:?
Got nothing for august yet...
So what to all you people think? Good? Bad?
COMMENT!

Replies

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hello all! How are you?
    Okay so as you know summer is coming up and I wanna take advantage of that and lose my weight.I am 149 pounds and wanna be 199 pounds and Im 5"3.
    So here is what I got
    June:Treadmill do 5-6 miles a day
    July:Jillian michaels 30 day shred
    August:?
    Got nothing for august yet...
    So what to all you people think? Good? Bad?
    COMMENT!

Is there a typo here?
    "I am 149 pounds and wanna be 199 pounds and Im 5"3".

You're a girl, 5'3", only slightly overweight and you want to gain 50lbs?
  • 22workout
    22workout Posts: 36
    Options
    OOPS! Sorry I meant 119 pounds my mistake.
  • beattie1
    Options
    It's usually more important to get your diet right than to do crazy workouts. I'd go mental with boredom doing the same thing every day for a month - even if were ABLE to run 6 miles! Why not mix it up and have more variety every day? Without more info about you - current weight, goal weight, age, height, I don't think anyone can really comment further.
  • 22workout
    Options
    Alright here you go then:
    I am a girl, 5"3 and a half
    I am 150 pounds I want to be 119
    I eat 1250-1350 calories a day
    I sit most of the day because of my job
    I exercise when I come home
    and I do that 6 days a week
    Sunday is my rest day
    Is that enough information?
  • beattie1
    Options
    You'll need to eat your exercise calories back or you'll stall after a couple of weeks. Good luck (it's v. late here & I must go to bed... night! )
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    By any chance, are you fitnessprincess16 ? You sound like her with the annoying way you're posting.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    weight loss is about a calorie deficit, which doesn't require exercise.

If you choose to incorporate exercise, cardio and strength training are both good, but affect the body differently. Clearly you've got the cardio covered ... why no strength training?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yeah, where's the strength training? That is where you will see the greatest change in body composition
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The best advice I ever got was to lose weight based on diet, and use exercise to maintain/increase muscle mass. Nothing wrong with torching a bunch of calories with cardio, but eat them back. And do strength training to build muscle. Where you lose weight is eating clean and at a calorie count that is low enough to result in weight loss (but eat your exercise calories back!)

So I'd say, instead of just treadmill in June, add some strength work to get ready for the 30 Day Shred. And, Eat your 1250-1350 calories a day PLUS whatever you burn exercising.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Alright here you go then:
    I am a girl, 5"3 and a half
    I am 150 pounds I want to be 119
    I eat 1250-1350 calories a day
    I sit most of the day because of my job
    I exercise when I come home
    and I do that 6 days a week
    Sunday is my rest day
    Is that enough information?

I am your same height, work a desk job, and at your "goal weight" (like 2 pounds under that).

Here's what I did and do-

I eat 1400 calories a day. I eat at least 105g protein. I lift heavy weights three times a week. If I am bored I might do like 30 minutes a WEEK of cardio in the form of running.
  • 22workout
    Options
    By any chance, are you fitnessprincess16 ? You sound like her with the annoying way you're posting.

what?