Need suggestions on balancing things out...

Options
I was on vacation for part of the week, and went over my calories by about 1,500 on the last day (yesterday). I wanted to indulge in some great regional treats. :tongue: Now that I'm back home, I'm thinking that I want to sensibly 'undo' the damage I did by eating over my regular calories (1510/day) yesterday.

Is it a bad idea to cut my calories by about 225 per day for the next 7 days? Or should I just put the 'over-the-limit' day behind me and get back on track today?

Replies

• Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Here is my opinion. If you are already eating a low # of cals so I would just let it go and move on. There have been times I have gone over that has tricked my body and led to a larger loss for that week. And my second opinion lol, is to try and work off the cals but stay within 100 of your daily range but don't eat back the cals, I have done this before so my overall weekly total is balanced!

Good Luck
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Just move on. It happens.
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The key is consistency! If you consistently eat "great" a day like this is less than a blip on the radar. Don't worry about it. I build in cheat days every week. But I pick my cheat foods carefully. cutting calories too low triggers body responses you don't want. So just go back to your normal consistent eating habits.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Move on. Don't try to "undo" it. If you mean 1500 over your TDEE (rather than your normal calorie goal) then you're talking about less than half a lb. If you mean 1500 over your normal calorie goal, then it's even less than that. You're back on track with your calorie deficit now right? So, just carry on as normal.
  • Refined_by_Fire
    Refined_by_Fire Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it because it is only 1 day. At least you can exercise it off. I have to take 2 weeks off due to my injury. Make sure you drink plenty of water and be consistent in watching your food intake and exercise program and I'm sure the extra cal. won't matter.:wink:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation for 4 days 2 weeks ago.. I ate whatever I wanted.. I went over most days.. I made good choices when i was able.. but nothing was keeping me from pork roll, wings and boardwalk pizza! I didn't exercise either.. I've lost 4 pounds since coming home and I'm back to eating the same as I was pre vacation..

Our bodies can handle *occasional* over indulgences without a problem. it's the everyday for years over indulgence that packs the pounds on. One or two days will not undo all the hard work. As long as one or two days doesn't turn into one or two months..

don't worry about it.. You're supposed to have fun and enjoy vacation.. You did what you were supposed to do. And if the scale doesn't' more for one week.. Que cera cera.. it will move again next week.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    dont do the undo, just move on its all about consistency
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Just forget about it and move on.
  • islandlifenc
    islandlifenc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, everybody! That sounds like great, and unanimous, advice.

I will just let it go and consider myself now back on track. :smile: