The Zumba Crew w/o 8/2

Options
Can you believe we have been a 'crew' for almost 2 months already?! Who is still keeping up their Zumba habit?!

Replies

• kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I have slacked on my Zumba-ing lately. I was really busy with a dance summer intensive that I was running and it pretty much consumed my life for 4 weeks. So now it's time to get back again! I plan on making it to at least 1 , maybe 2, classes this week. I sort of wish I have the dvds.:smile:
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am glad that I have been keeping up, but know that when school starts up again in a month, I will most likely be consumed by that for several months, it happens every year! I am bummed that I can't go to class tonight. I am going for my allergy shots, and you are not supposed to do any vigorous exercise afterwards (it can trigger anaphlaxis)...and zumba is definitely vigorous!!! hopefully i can go tomorrow!!

also, i've had zumba songs stuck in my head all weekend! it's actually starting to drive me nuts because they are thumping through my head when i'm trying to fall asleep!! i may have to listen to something mellow, just to substitute that in before bed!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I have also been struggling with Zumba songs going through my head while I am trying to fall asleep!
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    can I join the crew? I've been loving Zumba, My last class was Friday, I normally would take one today but it's a holiday here. Tuesday is my long shift at work then I'm camping wed-sun, So I want to get in as many as I can the following week! I'm really going to miss it. Hopefully I can get in enough exercise chasing the kids while camping
  • DJFMN
    DJFMN Posts: 7
    Options
    I have been doing the Zumba DVD's about 5 to 6 times a week. I am still having such a good time. This is the start of my 3rd week. I am doing the Zumba Party, some days the 20 minute Express when I am short on time and today I did the Sculpt and Tone Workout. It was the first time I had done it and it was a great workout and a lot of fun. I never feel as though I am working out just dancing and the time flies by. I am totally hooked on Zumba. I find that I am thinking about the different dance steps and how to do them throughout the day.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    I ALWAYS have zumba songs running through my head! It's probably because I take a zumba class three days a week, and then listen to the music all 7 days! ;)
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have the music running through my head all the time too.. just typing this put a song into my head :laugh:

I have the DVD's and do it at least 2-3 times a week (alternating right now with Shaun T Rockin' Body) ..

The weight may be coming off reallllyyyyyy slow (nothing this week so far) but I sure enjoy the dance..
  • DJFMN
    DJFMN Posts: 7
    Options
    I did the abs Zumba workout today followed by the 20 minute Zumba Express. Had a blast. Can't wait for tomorrow I am planning to do the Cardio Party.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list (hopefully guys are allowed). I'm a Zumbaholic. I go with my wife at least three nights a week and it's a blast. She actually goes even more, and she does Zumba gold and regular Zumba back to back on the nights when they offer both.

It's pretty sad that more guys don't attend though. There's only three of us that go regularly, out of about 40+ people.

I know what you mean about the songs getting stuck in your head. I've used the Shazam app on my iphone to identify as many of them as possible, and I listen to them all day long as well. Every day I go for a two mile walk and many of the songs in my playlist are from Zumba. It's hard sometimes to resist the urge to bust out a little fancy footwork while I'm on my walk, but I've been able to contain myself so far. :)

I can say this much ... it's one heck of a workout. It's not uncommon for me to burn 1000 calories in a full hour long class (at least according to my HRM).
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I just went to my first Zumba class last night and loved it. I'm gutted I don't have time to fit another class in through the week (I work have a toddler and already have another evening out each wk for aquafit).

Might try a dvd. Can anyone recommend a good one or are they pretty much the same ?
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Add me to the list (hopefully guys are allowed). I'm a Zumbaholic. I go with my wife at least three nights a week and it's a blast. She actually goes even more, and she does Zumba gold and regular Zumba back to back on the nights when they offer both.

It's pretty sad that more guys don't attend though. There's only three of us that go regularly, out of about 40+ people.

I know what you mean about the songs getting stuck in your head. I've used the Shazam app on my iphone to identify as many of them as possible, and I listen to them all day long as well. Every day I go for a two mile walk and many of the songs in my playlist are from Zumba. It's hard sometimes to resist the urge to bust out a little fancy footwork while I'm on my walk, but I've been able to contain myself so far. :)

I can say this much ... it's one heck of a workout. It's not uncommon for me to burn 1000 calories in a full hour long class (at least according to my HRM).

My hubby is usually the only guy who goes to our zumba class - unless he brings along his friend. But he has a blast with it - and is usually in the front row having a grand ol' time! Kudos to you for going and glad you love it! :D
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, if you are still hanging in there with me, come on over to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/111816-the-zumba-crew-w-o-8-9