ChaLean Extreme & Shakeology

Options
August_H
August_H Posts: 21 Member
Is anyone doing this workout regimen or any other from Beach body? Shakeology? This is my 3rd week and I don't feel like I'm seeing any results! :sad: My body does hurt after a good workout...they said that's a good thing, I suppose if you're doing it right lol. I guess I'll keep pushing play and see what happens! :smile:

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What kind of results are you looking for that you aren't seeing?
  • adswillis27
    adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Have you seen this quote before?

"It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Give it 12 weeks. Don’t QUIT!"

With CE you are lifting heavy weights. I only weighed once a month during this program because I was sore from lifting which may cause water retention in order to repair muscles. That affects the scale.

Take your measurements too.

I did CE after a round of Turbo Fire and used Shakeology too. I have had great results, but you have to stick with it and give it time.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    What kind of results are you looking for that you aren't seeing?

This. Also, is this your first attempt at food restriction (I'm making the assumption that's what you're doing based on the fact you're using Shakeology) and working out? If so, 3 weeks isn't a very long time to be expecting big results.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating and are you following the nutrition guide or do you let MFP assign your calories? If mFP is assigning yoru calories, use the link below to figure out your caloric needs. Also, Shakeology is just an overprice protein shake. While it's not bad, it doesn't do anything for weight loss except help cut calories.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs

ps- can you open your diary.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The shakeology is that nasty drink right? I did insanity last summer, but had to stop because it was so hard on my knees.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are dumping money into something that doesn't work for you.
    I'd suggest searching around for something better that actually works. Why not try looking at what other mfp people are doing.
  • adswillis27
    adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest searching around for something better that actually works. Why not try looking at what other mfp people are doing.

ChaLEAN Extreme does work, but you have to give it time. Just like with running or creating your own exercise plan. 3 weeks isn't enough time to see incredible results.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    ChaLean Extreme is amazing. You will notice loss when you measure at the end of the month. I thought the same thing..."I'm not losing, nothing is happening, blahblahblah".....I think I lost over 12 inches that first month, and 20+ over the entire program. I'll have to pull up my notes. It does work.

As for Shakeology....it is no miracle. It's a glorified shake, some people like it and buy into the whole "it's the healthiest meal of the day and will cure what ails you"....if you can easily afford it and buy into those claims, great! If not, then get a regular protein powder. The only flavor I liked was the Tropical Strawberry out of my samples I got...but it was too chalky no matter how I blended it or what I mixed it with. I didn't feel great after I drank it....it just wasn't for me. And no way am I paying that much per month. I'm having great results without it. :)
    My awesome workout buddy and I are on our second round of CLX. It's my favorite program.

Keep working, and if CLX isn't for you, like another poster said, there are SO many more out there!! Good luck!!
  • Jaidnoire
    Jaidnoire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3wks is def not enough time. I'm doing Turbofire, not shakeology tho. I'm 60days in right now but when I look back at my 30day results, there is a clear improvement that I wasn't really seeing in my everyday. I remember feeling like I was depriving myself for nothing and wasting time and then being super psyched once I saw my 30 day pics.

Slow and Steady wins this fitness race and that means a lot as I have NO patience.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options

ChaLEAN Extreme does work, but you have to give it time. Just like with running or creating your own exercise plan. 3 weeks isn't enough time to see incredible results.

Agreed with adswillis27.

My first round of Insanity, I didn't think I was getting "results" either. What I failed to consider was the strength I was building and the endurance that kept growing. But then I took my "after" pics (60 days later) and compared them to my "before" and WOW!! My stomach was incredibly flatter and I had never even noticed. And I nit pick my body in the mirror every day! So for me not to notice was pretty amazing to me... but then again, we see ourselves all day every day and are our own worst critics. Plus I had lost 10 pounds and went down a pant size.

Give it time, follow the program, and you'll see results. :) Hang in there! These programs are as big as they are for a reason... they work! :)
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options

^^^^^ I 2ND THIS! I just finished the program after a round of doing the advanced Turbo Fire portion, Look at my arms in my profile...my arms were huge! Not to mention my thighs and everything else. The arms are just a quick peek at what CE did for me THE PROGRAM WORKS! Stick with it and make sure you are doing the program right! You must lift heavy enough to max out by the time the reps are done. I also did not weigh myself the entire time I was on the program, I weighed before and when i completed it, lost an additional 5 pounds along with all the inches I lost and I have now met my weight loss goal because of her...I don't do Shakelogy though....protein shakes and eating right...
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Also, I love the program so much I'm now doing the "Lean for Life" program (just started last week) where you mix up all 3 phases to provide the body with muscle confusion and lifting heavier, I feel like I'm so much stonger...well i actually am..lol
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd week and I don't feel like I'm seeing any results!

If by 'Seeing" you me the number on the scale or the image your eyes are looking at I would suggest using other methods of finding results! I say this after finishing Insanity recently. I don't "see" the results in the traditional way because we are our own worst critics!

1 - Throw your scale away!!! It's not going to tell you if you have lost inches. It's not going to tell you if your BF% has dropped. It's not going to tell you when your muscles are getting stronger. It's just a number, and it's often a very poor reflection of the work you are putting in.

2 - Start measuring yourself and using these number as your way of viewing results! Use the way your cloths are fitting. Stop using your eyes to define your results!!!

If you can do those 2 things I can promise you will feel a lot more excited about what you are doing. I dropped from a 16/18 to a 12/14 doing Insanity. All it took off the scale was 12 pounds.
  • susanmarnold
    susanmarnold Posts: 142
    Options
    I have less than two weeks left of CLX and I drink Shakeology every day. Check out my blog on here for some CLX inspiration! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/susanmarnold (Scroll down a bit and you will see my pics from Day 1 to Day 60.)

I will send you a friend request as well!

Hang in there! Trust the program!
  • August_H
    August_H Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the advise and words of encouragement! According to the books that came with the workout, I should be at 1300 calories a day which is not a problem at all. I just want to lose 10lbs and be toned, to see that definition! I know I know, it will take longer than 3wks...unfortunately I'm one of those people that want to see results like now! Lol patience is a virtue! :smile:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the advise and words of encouragement! According to the books that came with the workout, I should be at 1300 calories a day which is not a problem at all. I just want to lose 10lbs and be toned, to see that definition! I know I know, it will take longer than 3wks...unfortunately I'm one of those people that want to see results like now! Lol patience is a virtue! :smile:

I would suggest using the link i sent.. since you have very little to lose, 1300 seems a bit low. Grant it, I am an guy, but I was eating 2600 calories. And I thought the lowest calorie requirement for that program was more like 1700 calories.
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am doing CLX and take in 1500 calories. Sometimes bumping up your calories helps
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I took me over 6 weeks on Insanity to see any results and I have been doing shakeology for about 2.. My scale hasn't moved much but my body has definitely changed.

I would keep up on both. I love the chocolate shakeo.. best powder I have ever had..just wish it was cheaper. :happy: