New girl here-- new me soon!

Options
Hi there! I joined because.... actually, in person, I like how I look. I don't *love* how I look, but I like it. In pictures.... not so much. Also, just got my wedding dress, and it, *ahem* doesn't quite close. So.

I'm on a mission to lose 15 lbs in 2 months. I joined here, got a personal trainer at the gym and am SERIOUS. If anyone wants to be serious (but still fun) with me, I'd be more than happy to offer/receive support. I know and awful lot about nutrition and exercise. I'm learning about discipline and portion control (and squash and cauliflower.)

AFTER the wedding, I'm not done. I'm taking the 10 months after that to lose 45 MORE pounds. Cuz I'm fluffy. And people in my family tend to keel over form heart attacks. Given that....

Anyone with me? (Or you could just say hello.. I'd quite like that).

Replies

• kakocalis
    kakocalis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kelly. I'm not-so-new. I've been at it since March 3, and I've lost 38 lbs (as of today). Woot! I still have 36 to go until I'm "healthy", so I'll be at it for a while more. I have found that if I follow the site's recommendations, I do very well. I haven't hit a really big plateau, yet, but I have had some slow spots...luckily followed by some rapid drops, so it keeps my morale high. I am quite active...I play soccer twice a week, but I have also taken up running with my dog (who can't run in a straight line, so it's good training for that soccer thing) a couple of days a week. I really enjoy the whole "earning food by working out" thing, and I find that my weight loss is more steady if I actually EAT the calories I burn instead of trying to bank them as "extra credit". The starvation mode thing (eating under 1200 calories) is one of the reasons I got to be nearly 80 lbs overweight, so it's good when the site yells at me for being under for the day.

I hope you find the site to be as helpful as I have!!
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to be a friend. A friend to laugh with is always welcome!
    I joined 1 1/2 weeks ago. I'm active but I love to bake for others and myself. Portion control is probably my biggest reason for the weight I'm at...this site is really helping!
    Congrats on your upcoming marriage! Your goals seem realistic and focused!
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    I'm more than happy to have new friends too! I have a large journey a head of me and I need more motivators. I'm a sad excuse maker and I don't eat enough, but when I do eat, I eat all the wrong things, quick snacker on **** food.

Congratulations on the impending wedding!