Ideas for Lunch

Options
This is my hardest thing....finding something to eat for lunch! Does anyone have any ideas for maybe a recipe I could make ahead of time and then eat for lunch the next day or for the next few days? I would love for it to be low-carb, easy, and fast! Thanks for the help guys!

Replies

• katyncal
    katyncal Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    what I have been doing is eating a chicken salad, you can get the pre made ones from safeway in the deli case, or you can make it yourself. The ones that I like are only 260 calories!! and they are very good, and filling. and drink lots of water to help you feel fuller longer:smile:
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I cook up a roast on the weekend, cut it up and then make sandwiches every day with lots of salad.

GG
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i jsut did a salad, and am eating left overs as we speak. add together spring mix, grapes, craisens, walnuts, apples, and avacados, top off with bacon bits and a low calorie olive oil vinigar dressing. I would suggest keeping the avacado in a seperate tuperware as it tends to turn brown. Also, find a good low calorie lasagna to make, or even a good pasta salad!
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I often have a deli meat "sandwich" but instead of bread I eat it rolled up in lettuce. I pair it with a low fat cheese stick and plenty of water.
  • dfunky93
    Options
    I make up salads for the week in separate tupperware containers. Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, cauliflower, carrot, fresh basil, red pepper. Then just grab a container and go in the morning. I keep spray balsalmic vinegar at the office so just spritz some on and voila - Yummy low cal lunch! I also sometimes add some prawns or deli meat (ham or turkey).
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a multi grain or wheat pita pocket with a couple thin slices of a beef roast, 3 slices of avocado, a tbsp of mayo with olive oil and a leaf of boston butter lettuce! These always stuff me up and are low in calories.
  • countrymama08
    Options
    I struggle with variety for lunch. I pack every day during the school year. During the summer when I am home I have taco salad, quesadilla or a sandwich. During the school year I have a deli flat with lunch meat, pepperjack cheese, and lettuce, veggie straws, carrots, and an apple. I eat the carrots and apple as a morning and afternoon snack if I feel peckish.

My quesadilla is a low carb tortilla from la tortilla factory with laughing cow cheese, lunch meat or lean browned ground beef, cheese and a bit of sour cream. If I have jalepanoes I add those for some extra spice.

My taco salad is lean ground beef with taco seasoning over lettuce (I buy the shredded in a bag) with baked doritos, ff sour cream and a bit of salsa. I use WW shredded cheese.

If I make a chicken oven stuffer at some point during the week, I will make chicken salad and have that for a few days.
  • knightl
    knightl Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!! :D
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    i jsut did a salad, and am eating left overs as we speak. add together spring mix, grapes, craisens, walnuts, apples, and avacados, top off with bacon bits and a low calorie olive oil vinigar dressing. I would suggest keeping the avacado in a seperate tuperware as it tends to turn brown. Also, find a good low calorie lasagna to make, or even a good pasta salad!

that salad sounds really good. I like lots of differnt kinds of salads...some are not very low fat, but atleast Im gettin veggies in.