Studying and loosing weight

Options
I am finding it impossible to revise for my exams and try and eat healthy at the same time. After revising well I always want to treat myself with a cake or ice cream etc. I also get very bored and frustrated during the day and need a pick me up which I always used to use food for. Has anyone got any tips on how to stay motivated whilst concentrating on studying too?
Thankyou x

Replies

• runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Options
    I find planning snacks into my day works well - you can have a look at my diary if you want ideas.
  • abideedum
    abideedum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm in revising hell at the moment too (psychology). Im at the moment just having a massive battle with my self control. I found myself getting up three times yesterday to go to the shop and buy coke. I managed not to go :D

My tips? Well have three meals, especially if your on a very strict calorie limit (im on 1350) it means you can have three filling meals rather than lots of little snacks. Get a water jug and keep it at your desk, drink when you think your hungry as your probably not hungry really as your having three meals. And get outside, go for a walk at least once a day to clear your head and feel less stressed. Less stressed you the less you'll want to stress eat :D

Add me if you want a revision/dieting buddy
  • redskiednight
    redskiednight Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm in revising hell at the moment too (psychology). Im at the moment just having a massive battle with my self control. I found myself getting up three times yesterday to go to the shop and buy coke. I managed not to go :D

My tips? Well have three meals, especially if your on a very strict calorie limit (im on 1350) it means you can have three filling meals rather than lots of little snacks. Get a water jug and keep it at your desk, drink when you think your hungry as your probably not hungry really as your having three meals. And get outside, go for a walk at least once a day to clear your head and feel less stressed. Less stressed you the less you'll want to stress eat :D

Add me if you want a revision/dieting buddy

Sage advice! I've been trying to do the same for my finals (biochemistry major) If there are any other students on here in the same boat, feel free to add me :)
  • Green_Giant_
    Options
    thanks for the great advice guys :) its also nice to know i'm not alone ;)
  • dartaaa
    dartaaa Posts: 35
    Options
    I go out to study, like to a tea house, where there is no junk or sit in the park while studying, also get yourself some fruit, cause it should help your cravings. Also, if you absolutely must have ice cream, chose frozen yoghurt instead. I find it easier to revise for exams without eating what I shouldn't while drinking lemon water and eating a granola bar before I begin. Good luck in weight loss and exams! :))