Anyone do pilates using youtube?

Options
MrsLg
MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
I would like to start some pilates, but haven't got a clue really! I want to use youtube but it was a bit overwhelming and I wondered if anyone has followed a program on there that they can recommend. I don't really want to do the same video all the time, more a progressive program if that is possible?!
Also, do I need any equipment?

Replies

• solbiz0r
    solbiz0r Posts: 10
    Options
    I used to hate pilates until i found videos of Cassey Ho she's just awesome and i never get bored of it there's alooooot of videos if you go on her site you can find her workout calendar every month

http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates/videos
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    Pop Pilates is amazing!
    The instructor, Cassey is so motivating and fun, there's loads of videos to choose from as well and has a really good beginners section :)
    The only thing you will need is a mat, although i dont even have that sometimes. And occasionally some hand weights but again you can just use tinned food or a bottle of sand.
    I started by doing 2-3 videos a day (some are only 5 minutes challenges) then i moved on to doing her planned monthly workouts sheets, you can get them by signing up to her blog!
  • MrsLg
    Options
    Great I'll have a look thanks! Do you need to follow the videos in a certain order?
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump for later..
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I haven't used You Tube for Pilates but I have Mari Winsor Pilates DVDs from about 10 years ago (she has updated ones now) that I just started breaking out again. I am trying to tone up now and work on my saddlebags and the Buns and Thigh DVD really gives a great burn/butt ache while doing them so hopefully it's working.
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    Great I'll have a look thanks! Do you need to follow the videos in a certain order?

Nah, but i usually start with a cardio warm up one and then move on to the pilates videos. I tend to link videos together for example i'll have an ab day just concentrating on the core videos, then a leg day just on thighs and bum.. ect.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I used to hate pilates until i found videos of Cassey Ho she's just awesome and i never get bored of it there's alooooot of videos if you go on her site you can find her workout calendar every month

http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates/videos

Yep, Cassey is great.
    There is no order for the videos, she does do a monthly calendar if you subscribe to her newsletter (free via blogilates.com) and it's a good guideline for what workouts to do on what days to have days for certain areas of the body. She does leg days, ab days, etc. She also has a lot of good food recipes on her website.
  • MrsLg
    Options
    Thanks, off to check it out!
  • MrsLg
    Options
    Thanks, it looks good but quite overwhelming with so many videos! Not sure where to start! I couldn't see the beginners section.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Search youtube for 'livestrong woman pilates bootcamp'. I started doing all the beginner videos on that playlist and really noticed an increase in strength after a few goes. It's Cassey Ho again, but I think this series is a good place to start before moving onto the videos she does for her own channel, which I found a little too difficult and a bit demoralising at first.

Good luck, hope you find something that suits you :)
  • MrsLg
    Options
    Thanks so much Bertha, I will do that x