New and needing friend for motivation and support

Options
1hottwoman
1hottwoman Posts: 18 Member
Hi I am new and I am needing some motivation and support from other people on this journey

Replies

• maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi. I am new too. I had lost 30 pounds before starting MFP. When I gained back 15 of them I started to look for sites with support. I found MFP about a week ago. It wasn't until yesterday when I sat for about 10 hours reading posts (all the way back) that I started to understand the site. I think I have more knowledge than I did on Friday! And I'm becoming motivated again. I'm pretty excited. I am not an overly outgoing person and here I am with my first post.
  • flikster76
    flikster76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies, I am a newbie too. We can all help each other out :happy:
  • darkangelz
    darkangelz Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm pretty new too and need all the help I can get!
  • flikster76
    Options
    Don't we all! lol. It's getting cold here and I'm a tad hungry, herbal tea seems to stave off the binging.
  • maryroseegv
    Options
    I found this site a little while ago but I got sick of putting off my health and weight loss so I gave my sister $200 and told her not to give it back to me unless I lost ten pounds in one month. I'm so glad I found you all just starting out too! :)
  • sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm willing to support and motivate so I sent you a friend request.
  • dartaaa
    dartaaa Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey, I'm Cassadee. And I am new at this too, need to lose 22lbs, and 16lbs until July. And I really need support too. Add me? :)
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Ladies, you have found the right site. Most people on here are very supportive. I wish you all good luck in your journey to become more healthy. Add me if you like.
  • flikster76
    Options
    The pounds thing really confuses me, we do kilos in Australia. But good for you and $200 will be a fab reward! I'm finding this site very helpful. I pre plan my meals the day before and log them, that way I feel like I have to stick to it, it's working so far.
  • dartaaa
    dartaaa Posts: 35
    Options
    That's what I'm doing too, I've noticed that it's easier to stick to the plan that way :)
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    will be more than happy to motivate you
  • maryroseegv
    Options
    I believe 10 pounds would be about 4 and a half kilos :)
  • angelfish257
    angelfish257 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I've been on-and-off this site a couple of times - keep coming back though, it's the best I've found!

Add me too if you like, I'm in Scotland :)
  • flikster76
    Options
    ah ok, lol pounds sound worse!! Bigger
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    I agree. About 3 days ago I started preplanning for the next day the night before. It really helps. I think I am starting to eat better and it doesn't take a lot of thought during the day which is good because work, the house, the yard, etc. seem to have absolutely no consideration. HAHA. Anyway, I also notice when I mess it up royally. I am hoping that I can stay on track with the accountability. Before I used to just guesstimate how many calories I was consuming in a day. I was WAY off.
  • Kathryn1019
    Kathryn1019 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP add me if you still need some friends...:)
  • sidewinder76
    sidewinder76 Posts: 287
    Options
    Good Morning! Always looking for new friends!
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    anyone is welcome to add me:)
  • zombiedawn
    zombiedawn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New to the boards and 12 pounds left til I reach my goal. :smile:
  • flikster76
    Options
    Yay for you zombie! Exciting being close, but a little scary too. I'm starting to worry about maintaining, but when the time comes I'm sure I will get the advice I need from MFP.