200 days

Options
jeanineolson
jeanineolson Posts: 37 Member
..... I have been logging on to MFP for 200 days now. In the past 200 days my father passed away and I became the guardian on my mentally handicapped brother. My son moved in to care for him while I am at work. We moved from a one bedroom apartment to a two bedroom apartment. BUT, what also has happened, slowly, but surely I have lost 55 pounds. I went down two pant sizes. I have been losing inches. I started going to Curves and have gone 40 times since March 6th. I can go for walks and keep up with those I am walking with.
All along theses past 200 days my MFP friends have been there for me. Given me support when I didn't think I could handle one more thing.
Support through the journey is so important!!!

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Ypu are a pillar of strength! I am in awe!
  • mystmaker143
    Options
    What an impressive story of dedication and determination. Good job, keep it up and I'm so glad your friends on myfitpal were there for you. You definitely have the fortitude and the will! If you would like to add me for a support buddy you can as well!
  • MelanieAtPlay
    MelanieAtPlay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It is inspiring that you've been able to maintain your dedication to your health while dealing with so many personal challenges and changes. I worry that I would fall apart and revert to old ways. When life happens to us, we need the support of people who truly understand and support us. Thanks for sharing!
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    Wonderful job. I know I could not have done what I have without the support of my MFPals. They are wonderful. You have taken on a considerable amount in a short period of time. Hang in there, things will fall into place. I am sorry for your loss
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: well done! That's really wonderful that you've kept on with MFP and lost such a phenomenal amount while coping with everything else. Keep it up!
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It's hard to deal with so much change and loss and still lose weight--be proud of yourself, get tons of support for all the life changes and keep it up. There is a whole community out here with you.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    GO GIRL!
    Your are one of the great ones!
  • GammaKathy
    GammaKathy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ..... I have been logging on to MFP for 200 days now. In the past 200 days my father passed away and I became the guardian on my mentally handicapped brother. My son moved in to care for him while I am at work. We moved from a one bedroom apartment to a two bedroom apartment. BUT, what also has happened, slowly, but surely I have lost 55 pounds. I went down two pant sizes. I have been losing inches. I started going to Curves and have gone 40 times since March 6th. I can go for walks and keep up with those I am walking with.
    All along theses past 200 days my MFP friends have been there for me. Given me support when I didn't think I could handle one more thing.
    Support through the journey is so important!!!

This is Such a REAL example of learning a new life. So proud of your strength! Also so proud of your willingness to let the community give you strength when you need support. Onward we go as a group!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!