I ate fast food & drank Soda!!!

Options
Hello everyone,
It's kinda a silly question, and silly to be worried this much about it.
I'm fit and I workout to maintain in shape. I are fast food on Thursday, pizza last night and there was a big party today "sweets,pies,soda,chips,chocolate". I enjoyed it. But now! All I think about is gaining fats in my tummy and waist!

Could I burn it before gaining fats?

Is it alright to eat fast food and workout for an hour?

What if my calories intake 1500 and I ate 700 for the breakfast, would I burn fats? Or I should eat 300-400 every few hours?

Replies

• jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Options
    Oh... dear.

I'm not sure how many calories you took in over those 3 days, but remember this: they are just 3 days of your ENTIRE LIFE. They aren't going to matter in the long run. Get back on track, and just do better.

For the record, though: I eat pizza. I eat fast food. I just budget it into my calories; I'm losing rapidly. Surely, you could do the same and maintain.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You will be fine. 2 days of poor eating isn't going to change your shape and if you are continuing to work out, it wont be a problem.
  • marc_s_johnson
    marc_s_johnson Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This whole myth about eating junk food and not being able to carry on with your aim to lose weight is silly.

I eat junk food all the time, infact, I'm about to go and get a KFC but it's built into my daily allowance, I've not put on weight since I started using MFP.

I lost 1lb this week in a week that I had a café breakfast on Mon, Mexican food out on Tue, Curry at mums on Thur and McDonalds on Fri, ok, it may not be the best thing to do every day of your life but it's not going to undo all the good work unless you decide to think like a sloth and then live like one, I've done my Kettlebells all week and enjoyed living.

So long as you build it into your day and continue to work out then it will not mess you up, you have a life, live it.
  • Ghadah88
    Ghadah88 Posts: 46
    Options
    Oh... dear.

I'm not sure how many calories you took in over those 3 days, but remember this: they are just 3 days of your ENTIRE LIFE. They aren't going to matter in the long run. Get back on track, and just do better.

For the record, though: I eat pizza. I eat fast food. I just budget it into my calories; I'm losing rapidly. Surely, you could do the same and maintain.

Seriously! You lose weight & you eat fast food!
    Fast food turn into fats!
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    You will be fine. 2 days of poor eating isn't going to change your shape and if you are continuing to work out, it wont be a problem.
    I changed my workout plan to be a bit easier but I feel I want to do insanity for few days to burn this fat >_<
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    This whole myth about eating junk food and not being able to carry on with your aim to lose weight is silly.

I eat junk food all the time, infact, I'm about to go and get a KFC but it's built into my daily allowance, I've not put on weight since I started using MFP.

I lost 1lb this week in a week that I had a café breakfast on Mon, Mexican food out on Tue, Curry at mums on Thur and McDonalds on Fri, ok, it may not be the best thing to do every day of your life but it's not going to undo all the good work unless you decide to think like a sloth and then live like one, I've done my Kettlebells all week and enjoyed living.

So long as you build it into your day and continue to work out then it will not mess you up, you have a life, live it.

Oooh! Interesting!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Can't worry about the past too much.

When I have that occasional day where I stray from my usual pattern, and get up the next morning thinking "that wasn't good for my program" I simply vow to get right back on track, eat and exercise properly.
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    Can't worry about the past too much.

When I have that occasional day where I stray from my usual pattern, and get up the next morning thinking "that wasn't good for my program" I simply vow to get right back on track, eat and exercise properly.

Yes! I'll workout very hard for the next few days.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    A few things I've learned about eating over the years:

1. It's about averages over time, not what we do on one or two specific days.
    2. Eating is not sinning, and we don't need to do repentance for it.
    3. Eating a little "bad" stuff won't kill you as long as you don't make it a habit.
    4. If you constantly beat yourself up, you'll become discouraged and quit.
    5. Ditto if you set the bar too high ... can you live without cake the rest of your life?
    6. You're not "evil" or a "failure" if you don't follow your plan 100%.
  • parmoute
    parmoute Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Oh... dear.

Seriously! You lose weight & you eat fast food!
    Fast food turn into fats!

I most definitely do as well! Went for a 4 mile jog yesterday morning and spent the whole day doing spring cleaning (moving furniture and stuff) and rewarded myself with Pizza Hut for dinner. Since it's just me, there's leftover pizza and I ate some for breakfast today, even though I know I need to be at the computer all day. I'll have a light lunch, drink plenty of water, go for a walk in the evening, eat a normal dinner and weigh in tomorrow morning because it's Monday and that's what I do.

Like others have said, I can't do it all the time and I keep the fast food within my calorie budget (or I try to, anyway!) but fast food doesn't morph directly into fat. Pizza has carbs, protein, and fat, and your body needs all three to do it's thing. In fact, my dietician said I'm not eating enough fat -- fat is definitely not the enemy and the fat you consume in your food does not turn directly into the body fat we're all trying to control. Eating more than your body can use is what causes excess body fat.

I encourage you to look at the big picture. If you have the MFP mobile app you can get a snapshot of your week (and if not, total the numbers by hand). If I'm a little over one day and a little under the next, but it all works out at the end of the week, then I know I've fueled my body appropriately for my activity level that week.

Good luck!
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Then again, you probably would of lost more if you didn't eat fast food.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    OH THE HORROR.

You're fine. If you beat yourself up after every bad meal you have, this is going to be a long and unpleasant journey for you. Look at my diary for Friday and Saturday. I had Outback and ice cream on Friday night, and Wendys for lunch yesterday. And I'm fine.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I changed my workout plan to be a bit easier but I feel I want to do insanity for few days to burn this fat >_<

Calories in, calories out...for weight loss it doesn't matter where those calories come from. A calorie is a calorie...it is a unit of energy and that is all. Nutrition is a completely different matter.

Also, eating crappy on occasion isn't going to do anything...just like eating healthy every once in awhile doesn't make you "healthy".
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

3. Eating a little "bad" stuff won't kill you as long as you don't make it a habit.
    5. Ditto if you set the bar too high ... can you live without cake the rest of your life?

This. I still eat junk food. Not all the time either but I do and I am still making progress towards my goals.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options

It's about life style, not diet. Unless you're going for the sainthood of food stuffs, enjoying what goes in your mouth and down your gullet is no sin.
    If you seriously get that worked up and stressed out over a few days of what you ate, you may be posting in the wrong type of forum. I know this may sound a little rude, but really, it sounds a little over the top to be this upset about a little grease and carbonation. Take a deep breath and move on with your week. I'm sure this isn't the 'one regret' you'll be reminiscing about in your old age.
    Sometimes I think we get way to caught up in all the stats and research (thank you Internet).

The above post really sums it up in a nut shell.

Have a happy Sunday! :)
  • whycantregister
    whycantregister Posts: 22 Member
    Options

VERY WELL SAID, SIR! :flowerforyou:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'd worry more about the soda than the food, because sugary drinks are addictive and the chemicals and sugar hit the bloodstream and brain so fast.

Try to avoid those. And diet drinks, in my opinion are no better. They're a chemical cocktail of poison.
  • j3an22
    j3an22 Posts: 77
    Options
    I say if you do not eat fast food and junk, sweets pop all that all the time then you should be good.

just try not to make into a habit to eat those things all the time...

yes you can exercise those fat off. may take time of course, but you can exercise it off.
  • Ghadah88
    Options

Thanks a lot. I loved it! I just realized how hard I was with myself. Maybe that's why I keep getting tired of working out!
  • marc_s_johnson
    marc_s_johnson Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Then again, you probably would of lost more if you didn't eat fast food.

I would have lost it quicker but also been more miserable.

There's a fine line befween living and exsisting.