My First Half Marathon Recap

Options
2»

Replies

• MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Nice time as well! I'm hoping to do my first one late in the year or next year. I just did my first 8km run 2 days ago, so I'm getting there.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing. So inspiring! Renewing my commitmment!
  • kelfhouse
    kelfhouse Posts: 16
    Options
    WTG!!!!! Your such an inspiration!
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great! Keep it up!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. It was very inspiring. I'm currently,training for my first 5Ks this fall. Can't even imagine doing a half at this point!
  • hezzie92
    hezzie92 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Congrats! What a great accomplishment! I would love to run a half marathon someday. I've only run two 5K races so far. The first 2 years ago at 160lbs. Was happy I finished (without walking...that was my main goal) but disgusted with my time (over 41 minutes) so I kind of gave up running. Took up other forms of exercise and recently got back into running, now at 137 lbs and in much better shape. I love it now! Did my 2nd 5K earlier this month and finished in 32:03. Surprised myself this week and actually ran 4.25 miles, so slowly increasing my distance, getting ready for the Broad Street Run next year in Philadelphia (10 miles). I hope I can do it!
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, well done!! You're an inspiration to new runners like me :) Have just ran my first 5K (only on the treadmill though) and hoping to build up to marathons eventually!! and you look amazing by the way!
  • Bigblondelady
    Bigblondelady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You know what caught my eye in this great story, and I don't know if anyone else noticed it. you have loss so much weight and that is awesome, THEY DIDN'T HAVE A SMALL SIZE SHIRT. lol did you ever, in your life think THAT would be a problem and they now have to mail yours to you , truly a wonderful story of success. great job. and i'm glad they still had some beer .lol
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's great!!

I can't believe there was no food left when you finished... there must have been loads of people finishing after you :noway:
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!! I appreciate all of your nice comments! :happy:

I didn't even realize until this morning that I have a very bruised toe nail that I'm probably going to lose.. runner problems. :laugh:
  • Doenut2014
    Doenut2014 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow, this is fantastic, well done on your achievement, you must be extremely proud :happy:

I am running my first half in November, I barely managed to walk/run a 5K yesterday so I have a lot of work to do!

If I do half as well as you I'll be over the moon :smile:
  • calaz84
    calaz84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look great!!!

And awww yes I did a half two years ago and during training, through the run I lost 3 toe nails!!!!
  • KyliAnnHobson
    Options
    Thank you!!! :smile:
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great job, Kyli! I loved reading your success and can't wait to see what your next venture is!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Awe. Look at you..Impressive.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<L.o.u.d. R.o.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.r.r.r.r.r.r.r>>>>>>>>>>>
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am hoping to run my first half marathon next year :bigsmile:
  • KyliAnnHobson
    Options
    Thank you!!! :)
  • MrsBBoyer
    MrsBBoyer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So very Happy for you!! :drinker: and I love your running shirt! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!