I Hate

Options
IAM125lbs
IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
grapefruit but I've heard it's a good fat buster. Is there substitute that's better tasting?

Replies

• IAM125lbs
    Options
    grapefruit but I've heard it's a good fat buster. Is there substitute that's better tasting?
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Ewwww....I hate it too unless I add a kilo of sugar, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Pineapple is good fat buster as well.
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Options
    Did you try juice?? I did the grapefruit diet once and I hate grapefruit, so i drank the juice just as good!:bigsmile:

71489.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    if you sprinkle a little salt on it instead of sugar, it takes the bitterness out and improves it 100%
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    if you sprinkle a little salt on it instead of sugar, it takes the bitterness out and improves it 100%

SALT.....really??? I have never heard of that! Can you taste the salt or does it just kind of blend in? I will have to try it.
  • IAM125lbs
    Options
    Didn't like the juice either, tried the rubyred that's suppose to be sweeter. Didn't know about pineapple juice will try that. I need every little bit of help I can get.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    or if you peel off the skin... Not the outside but the skin that holds the insides together, that part is really bitter.
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options

SALT.....really??? I have never heard of that! Can you taste the salt or does it just kind of blend in? I will have to try it.

Yep. It really changes it's flavor a lot. I like it on watermelon too.
    It's a Southern thang :wink:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Oh I adore grapefruit! But I always peel the "skin" off the segments and the inside fruit is delicious. Although I used to live in the West Indies and there is NOTHING like grapefruit right off the tree or vine!! YUM!
  • IAM125lbs
    Options
    Now I've used salt on watermelon, oranges, apples, etc but never thought about grapefruit, umm. I'll give it one more try.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Ruby Texas Grapefruit, it is MUCH SWEETER! I do not much care for regular yellow grapefruit.
    One person mentioned this but I will add to their statement...
    Pineapple has the same effect. And people are more apt to like it then Grapefruit. Try it instead.
    BUT do not make this your only food. Otherwise your tummy will be REALLY PISSED WITH YOU!
    Not to mention your tounge will be raw!
    Grapefruit and pineapple are great for diets because they are so high in acid.
    I think this is the reason that lemon is used to clean your hands after a lobster dinner with butter.
    Again all that Vit C is the key here.
    In fact if you do not like Pineapple eigther take a bunch of Vit C tablets and you will get about the same effect... HOWEVER back to your tummy being mad at you. If you eat Vit C tablets or eat Grapefruit, or Pineapple and NOTHING ELSE then you better be ready to spend a LARGE portion of your time in the restroom of your house. :blushing:
    --Diann...
  • IAM125lbs
    Options
    Thanks that is just great information!