MOMS...morning sickness

Options
My friend is pregnant and has had really bad morning sickness. I am planning to take her a gift basket full of helpful things...a magazine, lemon ginger tea, preggie pops, ....what else did you find helpful when you were dealing with the first few months of pregnancy?

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Crackers.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    never got morning sickness but i also ate almost constantly whcih is supposed to help. not surprising i gained 62 lbs LOL

fresh ginger is supposed to help
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    saltines, gingerale, a water bottle you have to suck (no idea why but this REALLY helped), and (didn't work for me but I was told) mint helps
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! These are great!
  • jmadamczyk
    jmadamczyk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    watermelon. It's all I ate for the first six months. Well, that and potatoes.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Tums. My Roku player.
  • christine_6980
    christine_6980 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dramamine helps (anti nausea) I had it HORRIBLE with my pregnancy. I was sick until after the second tri! Lemon drops (the hard candy)
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    Such a thoughtful friend! =) Ugh- I had it bad through my second trimester! I'll add jolly ranchers (never tried preggie pops) and vicks. I work in an office and people eat at their desk or have questionable person hygiene so I would dab vicks on my nose to ward off the smells.
  • charlotte_xo
    Options
    Plain biscuits! Like rich tea or digestives :)
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Peppermint chewable digestive enzymes. They are great for morning sickness and general nausea, and heartburn.

You can get them online, otherwise - a natural co-op/Whole Foods type place likely carries them.
  • mrscompgeek
    Options
    All natural Gingerale from a health food store, Crystallized ginger, sipping on coca cola helped, Green apples (only the green ones, the tartness helped)
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helped my morning sickness was giving birth, so I have no suggestions. :sick: But you are a good friend for putting this together.
  • Rag_Doll
    Rag_Doll Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ah, what a great friend you are! I can't really add to the above, I lived on green apples in my first pregnancy - sickness throughout. I'm hoping this time it doesn't last THAT long :-) :-)