HELP! I can't get back on the MFP wagon :(

Options
After gaining weight over xmas I started MFP for the first time and stuck to it religiously from 2nd Jan to my first goal date which I set at March 10th. I hit my goal and it wasn't even that hard. I had a few days off which turned into a few weeks. Two months later and I've tried 2 or 3 times to get going again and I just can't. My weight has crept back up and yet I can't find the same enthusiasm and willpower as I has the first time round. Can anyone help? I really thought it would be easy to get back to it again.

Replies

• craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You did it before...you know you can do it again.

What's stopping you?
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just do it.
  • Gimmeafrappuccino
    Gimmeafrappuccino Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it is HARD to motivate yourself to stick with a healthy eating plan. I've finally stuck with it enough to lose a pound and now I am finally motivated after a year of stopping and starting! Maybe it will take you losing that one pound to motivate yourself! Good luck
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Rather than set a weight loss goal, set a goal for maintaining weight. I am rather sure once you start counting calories, you can't ever stop.
  • sophiej43kitty
    Options
    Thanks guys. What's stopping me is eating chocolate, having a sneaky glass of wine and just not counting calories anymore! I like the comment about losing a pound and then getting motivated again. I'm going to try that. My friend is a life coach and she was saying that when you diet for an event you tend to fail which is exactly me at the moment - I've had a ball and a day at the races and just couldn't do it for either event. What worked in Jan was dieting to get down from the ridiculous weight I'd got to - no other reason. I'm going to get that first pound off and report back, Thanks everyone :)
  • sophiej43kitty
    Options
    P.s I actually lost 10 pounds first time round!
  • Abo1995
    Abo1995 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Failing means your just around the corner from succeeding. you can do it, any one can and it can all be enjoyable. You can enjoy your chocolate and wine in moderation and learning to get it into your calorie goal will seem easy after the first week. once the first 5 or 6 pounds has come off you will feel great!
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    A few weeks off? Why? You never have to worry about starting over if you don't stop to begin with. You've proven you can do it before, so the only thing stopping you now is you. If you want it bad enough, you will part the seas to get there.
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    Start now or 6 mos from now you'll feel even worse! Make your next meal a good one, and don't look back! You'll feel so much better once you start.