HELP! Is my diet ok???

Options
2»

Replies

• Abo1995
    Abo1995 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You're really not doing too bad, the only thing I would say is you could try and get some 1 calorie spray cooking oil too cook your eggs in, and add some pepper because it speeds up your metabolism.

Watch out for nuts too as they are quite high in calories- If they are unsalted they are also high in fat- but it's good types of fat and you need it in your diet. You have to eat fat to lose fat which a lot of people misunderstand when they first start dieting. That being said it doesn't mean pack you're diet with saturated fat coming from junk food.

Exercise is always important and can be really fun.
    I've lost 70 pounds, although it doesn't say it on mfp, I only discovered this a few months ago :)
    Good luck and add me if you like
  • LazyBearGrrr
    LazyBearGrrr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think your diet looks good. There is nothing wrong with whole eggs or butter, they are wholefoods.

Agreed!
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    good morning
    hope this helps you i would use Coconut oil for frying your eggs instead of the butter and if you still have room for more good FATS i would still add it to your smoothie i add it to mine almost everyday and maybe add some more protein and more green veggies to your daily meals i LOVE the mixed green Organic salad that you can buy in the big containers her at Costco
    good luck with your journey if you would like to add me as a friend you can
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would only suggest adding some protein onto your salad at lunch. Good luck!
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    ok for weight loss? maybe.
    ok for health? if your definition of OK is for short term...maybe.

if you'd like to include long term health and vitality, than no. not OK. frying is one of the worst ways to prepare food, creating toxins that eventually cause cancer and heart disease. and iceberg lettuce has almost no nutritional value...sure it's OK, but you deserve better than just OK!

adding some dark green leafy vegetables would be a great first step.

and see the movie Forks over Knives.

Forks over knives is a terribly biased 'documentary' held up less by science and more pure indirection and fudging of statistics. I wouldn't use it as a scientific basis to form your diet.

One thing I can agree with is dark green leafy vegetables will do you some good
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    ok for weight loss? maybe.
    ok for health? if your definition of OK is for short term...maybe.

if you'd like to include long term health and vitality, than no. not OK. frying is one of the worst ways to prepare food, creating toxins that eventually cause cancer and heart disease. and iceberg lettuce has almost no nutritional value...sure it's OK, but you deserve better than just OK!

adding some dark green leafy vegetables would be a great first step.

and see the movie Forks over Knives.

Forks over knives is a terribly biased 'documentary' held up less by science and more pure indirection and fudging of statistics. I wouldn't use it as a scientific basis to form your diet.

One thing I can agree with is dark green leafy vegetables will do you some good

and i suppose people defending their addictions to unhealthy food aren't biased?!
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! :heart:
    (except for the comment from elhatha :frown: ...ouch!)

So i've decided to make a few changes, from what i've gathered from the comments.

1. I'm keeping the 1 teaspoon of butter :tongue:
    2. I'll cut out the honey and coconut oil from my smoothie - you're right - it doesn't need it.
    3. I'll add some form of protein to my salad (i'll chop and change from the various suggestions i've received from you guys...THANK YOU!).

I cannot thank you all enough! :flowerforyou:

Let's see how the next few weeks go - very excited! :happy:

Best regards!

Nothing wrong with butter-I had 3tbsp of it yesterday :)

Your menu/updated plan looks pretty good-just make sure you're getting enough calories and you're good to go!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd have much more protein than that... and mostly I'd be really bored eating always the same thing!
  • foxyv069
    foxyv069 Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't see any calcium really in here... make sure to take a supplement :)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    "...defending their addictions to unhealthy food..." You do understand that name calling isn't a great way to get others to agree with you?

By the way, they like their careta in Spain ... it's "face bacon", which means you get a plate with a real face on it. You could wear it as a pig mask, but faced with one, I'd rather have a slice and toast all the vegetarians and vegans in the world who will never enjoy the pleasures of sucking face. :)