Need help please

Options
Hi everyone I've lost over two stone from jan to April this year and was doing very well and then it stopped and I stupidly deleted MFP account, now I've started to gain weight and I've turned to my fitness pal again for help :), I don't have any friends and I sooooo need a lot of advice to kick start me going again so can all you lovely people out there offer a helping hand please thankyouuuu xx

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet. It's a life style change that should last forever. Eat clean, no processed food, soda, or bad carbs. Drink lots of water and log everything. Measure or weigh everything. Good luck.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    If you would like, you can add me as a friend. I am very supportive and I do offer my advice whether you ask for it or not.
  • Abo1995
    Abo1995 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5 stone and it really is all about sticking to the diet and exercising. It's not so much a diet, it's a lifestyle change and you can still have all the nice stuff that you like in your diet just in moderation :).Add me, I can offer advice if you ever need it
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other poster. I cut a lot of crappy stuff out of my life. For me, I found that reducing unhealthy carbs (which were in fact the main thing that I subsisted on, I realize) has made the biggest difference. When I started my day with an English muffin, I was ready to eat my desk by 9 am. Now I start my day with a veggie omelette (same number of calories!), and am not hungry until lunchtime. And the weight is finally coming off.

It requires some planning ahead (I have a healthy salsa and bean soup in the crock pot as I type), but eating food that I cook, and therefore can control the ingredients, is a big help. And like the other poster said, treating it as a lifestyle change, not a temporary "diet" is the key. Make changes you can live with, changing little things like soda intake, sugar intake, etc. will make a big difference. Good luck!