Polar F7 HRM

Options
So I just purchased one off the internet and have no idea when it will get here. In the meantime what do I need to know? It is used so can it be reset? Is there much to setting it up? Tips, tricks or advice is welcome.

TIA

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    My wife has a F7 and I have a Ft7, its super easy to setup, even though its used there is a section for user stats and you put your height, weight, age etc in there and put the strap on and go!

You will love it!
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 (don't know how similar it is) and it's pretty easy to use. The person who had it before you probably deleted all of their workout info before sending it to you. If they haven't, you can do that yourself. You just have to set up the time and your own user info (age, height, weight). Just remember to wet down the sensors well before use, make sure the strap is secured to fit you well, and rinse off after each use. Also, when you lose weight don't forget to change your weight on the watch! You will love having a HRM... it is a real eye opener with calories and helps with training.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and it's great! But the owner's manual that came with it suuuxxxxxx............

I highly recommend you go to the Polar web site and download their extended web version. It has a lot more info than the paper one that came with it.

But to answer your question: yes, you can change the old user's settings for your profile. It's pretty easy, actually. Have fun!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and it's great! But the owner's manual that came with it suuuxxxxxx............

I highly recommend you go to the Polar web site and download their extended web version. It has a lot more info than the paper one that came with it.

But to answer your question: yes, you can change the old user's settings for your profile. It's pretty easy, actually. Have fun!
    I so appreciate you adding this info, it's the model (FT7) I plan on getting this week. To know this will help me before I even get one.:drinker: Thanks for the heads up on the web version!!:wink:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • kmulhollen
    Options
    Hi Becca:)
    I don't have a Polar but love mine.:love:
    A little tidbit of info I didn't know - You shouldn't use tap water to wet the strap as the minerals are not good conductors and will build up. Sounds gross but I use saliva to wet mine. And be careful to zero out all of the settings first so that it calculates correctly.
    Enjoy your hrm!
    Katie