Is this just as bad as drinking soda?

Options
I went from drinking 4+ bottles/cans of Mt. Dew's a day, to drinking diet lipton green tea and powerade ion4 drinks. I was looking at the particular kind ive been drinking and while its generally better in every area, theres still alot of sugar in it. 34g to be exact. So now my question is: is the powerade ion4 just as bad as drinking mt. dew?

Replies

• js3013
    js3013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes. I tried a different brand of that to get off the Dew too and it just did not help. It still left me in that sugar craving cycle, with all the highs and lows in energy and mood. What eventually worked for me was a cranberry juice mixture, 85ish% water, with 15ish% cranberry juice cocktail ( a brand with no high fructose corn syrup) in it for 3 or 4 months. Cranberry juice is still high in sugar, but so strongly flavored that watering it down didn't bother me and weaned me off the sugar cravings. I drink mainly water with berry flavored stevia drops, now. It satisfies my desire for something with a sweet flavor, but doesn't have any of the side effects of drinking all that sugar or high fructose corn syrup.
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Those drinks are all full of artificial colors and chemicals. Drink water and if you miss the carbonation then buy La Croix sparkling water. If you want tea, make it yourself and add real lemon.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Or try fruit or herb teas with Stevia if you like it sweet (its natural plant sweetner) and if you like it carbonated wack it in the soda stream for some bubbles :flowerforyou: