Stop the SNACKING!

Options
:noway:
Ok, so we are all doing it....or are we? I have got to sustain a better grip than this namby pamby so failed attempts at calorie restrictions. I am trying and need to try again, and again, and yet again..TODAY and each and every day...POST UP folks --or fess up whichever but tell me you too are having issues...and of course I want/need to hear from those who just know how to say hell NO! to untimely and constant snacking...HELP !

Replies

• Abo1995
    Abo1995 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Saying no to constant snacking and junk food used to be really hard for me. You need to get the motivation, throw out the junk and stock up on healthy food:). When you see the results starting to come in it will motivate you even more. the first few weeks are the hardest
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I snack, but I plan my snacks and stick to them.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    intermittent fasting = no snacking
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with snacking as long as it fits within your calories and macros
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I use my kitchen scale to measure EVERYTHING and I decide before I measure it out how many calories I am going to have in a snack (or meal, for that matter). I never just go eat something and then think about logging it later.

ETA: Also, to make me stop snacking you would have to pry the food from my cold, dead hands. :-)
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I snack, but it's been smaller quantities and better foods.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I snack and log it. Just finished a yummy blueberry muffin and will have some walnuts before bed.
  • 11hammicks
    11hammicks Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't think I could get through a day without snacks, but they're smart snacks. It's all about making the right choices. So we don't have to stop, just be smart about them.
  • notsuchaskinnybitch
    Options
    I know it sounds obvious- but don't buy anything you will snack on! I absolutely love crisps so just don't keep them in the house! Instead occasionally buy a bag when im out as a treat!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Snacking is good. Moderate meal sizes are good. Diary looks more like binging/fasting is an issue.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I snack but it's all within my calories for the day. Like right now I'm snacking on some frozen fruit because I wanted fruit and then I remembered I had frozen ones!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I am a grazer, so I snack all day. I eat 6 or more small meals/snacks thru out the day and it all fits into my limits.
  • Megs081211
    Megs081211 Posts: 150
    Options
    I don't constantly snack but at the same time I refuse deny myself anything. So I think that's part of it. I eat eat high protein, high fiber meals to help keep me full. I make sure to eat plenty of veggies and fruit randomly (lots of sugar). But every night I allow myself (if I want it) a sweet or something that is empty calories. It's usually 3 york peppermint patties (150 kcals), 3 cinnamon disk candies (70 kcals), a serving of salt and vinegar chips (150 kcals), and maybe once a week I'll allow myself a soda. These are my mine things that I just can't give up so I try to fit it in reasonably I account for it in my diet and I never feel guilty about it.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I eat constantly, love my snacks :)
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    Okay my weakness is hershey kisses with almonds. I don't know which is worse: not eating them or eating them and then having to log it into my food diary. I recently started to shop at a Russian grocery store around the corner from my office. I can't read the labels on the chocolate because its all in Russian -- I don't buy it because I can't figure out what it is.
  • Elainye
    Elainye Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Planned snacks are the best snacks but I find myself led to temptation very easily! Not good :blushing:
  • Pixiebunz
    Pixiebunz Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all, I just joined this site yesterday and I'm having trouble reaching the calorie limit(1200).i like breakfast which is usually banana or oatmeal and coffee.midafternoon I like a yogurt and dinner is chicken or ground beef and veggies.
    Still below intake by a lot. Any suggestions????
  • GADavies
    GADavies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Snacks today...

1 bag Wotsits
    30g coated peanuts (Smoked Chilli)
    1 Alpen Light bar (Cherry Bakewell)
    2 Muller fat free Greek style yoghurts (strawberry)
    Total snack calories: 495

I can't not snack, so I just budget accordingly and eat less at mealtimes.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    It's usually caused from an inability to differentiate between actual hunger, and cravings, or boredom.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It's usually caused from an inability to differentiate between actual hunger, and cravings, or boredom.
    + mistaking thirst for hunger.