Lbs lost in a week

Options
How many lbs do you lose in a week on average???

Replies

• craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Right now..about 1.3-1.6...in 5 more lbs..that will slide to 1 or slightly under....once I'm at my first goal of 180, It will most likely start going down to .5 a week.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Avg weekly loss: 2.1lbs

I have MFP and FitBit set to 1lb per week loss. I eat all the calories I am given and sometimes a little more.
  • jqtheprez
    jqtheprez Posts: 8
    Options
    This is my first week on MFP and I am down 5 pounds. At that rate I will hit my goal in 27.4 weeks....or six months 3 weeks.....
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    0.5 lbs
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Lately, 1-1.5
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I average two pounds a week. Some weeks it's one and others it's three.
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually average right around 2 lb/wk, but my body also has the nasty habit of not losing one week but dropping 4-6 the next. I haven't quite found the corelation between when I stay the same weight for 2 weeks, but then have a major drop the following week.
    This is my first week on MFP and I am down 5 pounds. At that rate I will hit my goal in 27.4 weeks....or six months 3 weeks.....

You WILL NOT keep losing at that rate in subsequent weeks (unless you are taking things to the extreme). If that was the case, I would have met my goal in 10 weeks because I lost 10lbs my 1st week here. I'm on week 14 or 15 at this point and just shy of my halfway point. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    About .5 lb / week now, started at 1.5 / week
  • Ayne6246
    Ayne6246 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've averaged 1# a week for the past 17 weeks but am hitting regular plateaus where I will gain a pound or two then lose two or three but overall, continuing to go in the right direction. Since I spent most of my life starving myself, it has been a real challenge to eat enough calories and not over exercise. Still trying to find the right balance so I can lose this last 28#. Going on vacation for the next two weeks so I'm sure I will probably gain a pound or two but then again, getting away from the scale might just be a positive thing.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 lbs last week. That's not the average but I had my period and I always lose more during that time.

I just calculated the average (not including this week because it was so off) and I lose 3.6 lbs a week.
  • scapalbo
    scapalbo Posts: 19
    Options

likely you won't keep that rate up...the first week is always the best, in my experience. I lost 6 the first week, and now I'm on a steady 1-2 lb loss a week some weeks 1, some weeks 2)...Started April 1, and I'm down about 15 lbs.
  • iBluAcura
    iBluAcura Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thats water loss!
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The first 3 weeks I lost 4-5 pounds a week (I was morbidly obese though!). My average overall now is 2.1 pounds. I have seriously slowed down over the last 2 months.....changing things up this week :smile:
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My average weekly loss so far is 2.5 lbs according to my weight tracker.
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Over the last 17 weeks I have averaged 2 lbs a week (First 8 weeks I lost 25 lbs, but it slowed down) This past week I lost 7 lbs just by juicing 1-2 times a day.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Its almost exactly 2lbs a week. I never got the big initial weight loss other people got their first week. For some reason mine has been steady from the first week. I was actually shocked this last week when I somehow lost 3lbs.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    2.6 so far.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    At the moment 1 pound a week. When I had more to lose I regularly lost 2 a week.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Exactly one pound per week.