breast feeding?

Options
Is anyone else breast feeding?

Having just had a baby I want to get back in shape ASAP, but there is no option for breastfeeding. Can you add it in as exercise seeing as it burns calories, and what would you list it as?

Replies

• Lea10
    Lea10 Posts: 22
    Options
    When i had my baby I breastfed for two months and it did me a world of good it pulls all your muscles inside your body and tightens you back to your normal self, i lost loads of weight after I had my baby.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    I have to admit, I don't put down breastfeeding as an exercise, I just upped my calorie intake to around 1500/1600 cals per day.
  • cocacole77
    Options
    You need to customize your goals yourself. Go change your goals yourself and add 500 calories to your daily intake. Breastfeeding actually requires more calories than being pregnant does! I'm not sure how many more carbs, sugars, fats, etc. You might need to call your doctor and see what he/she says but as for calories add 500/day!
  • katiejo42
    katiejo42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Have worked out how to up the calorie intake.
    As you can tell I'm new! till getting to grips with the site a bit. I think its great though.
    :happy:
  • katiejo42
    katiejo42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Have worked out how to up the calorie intake.
    As you can tell I'm new! till getting to grips with the site a bit. I think its great though.
    :happy:
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you search under "Breastfeeding" as though it were a snack (or meal) it calculates the average need for each nutrient. I use it to count the number of feedings, or pump sessions, I have per day. Yay for mommies!