accountability

Options
Ok so one of the main purposes of this thing is accountability. So I could use some additional friends on here to help. The goal is very achievable. 60lbs in 12 months. I have MFP set to 1.5lbs a week (for those plateaus). Workout is the p90x routine. Will be adding some running in the fall (when it is not 105 degrees outside). I think that is it. Appreciate any comments, and I have food diary on public view.

Replies

• aatul
    aatul Posts: 23
    Options
    what is the p90x exercise routine ??
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Your food diary doesn't seem to be set as public, maybe friends only.

I am no longer working on weight loss, but buiding muscle. However, I am on here every day. I do running, yoga, cycling, and hiking (mostly). You're welcome to add me to your friends if you want or just ask questions.
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    what is the p90x exercise routine ??

It is a beach bodies training program. It works on muscle tone mostly but if I understand it correctly it has a cardio aspect also.
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    Yes it has a cardio routine here is an example of week 1 workout

Day 1 Chest and back lifting and Abs
    Day 2 Plyometrics (jump training...serious cardio)
    Day 3 Arms and Shoulders (lifting) and Abs
    Day 4 Yoga (90 minutes)
    Day 5 Legs and Back....then abs again
    Day 6 Kenpo Karate (Cardio burn again)
    Day 7 Light Stretching

All of these are about 60 minutes except Yoga
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    My suggestions on your food diary are thus:

1. Try to cut back the sodium. That will just increase water retention. I go out searching specifically for lunch meats low in sodium.

2. If you want to use P90x to build muscle you sugars and proteins to build muscle. Don't foget those carbs. If you are focusing on weight loss then lowering carbs if fine until you get close to your goal weight. Then you will need them for sustainable energy.

3. I don't see you logging in the P90x exercises. Try eating back more of your exercise calories.

Looks great to me (no expert just been on here for awhile). Good Luck.