Too many calories?

Options
I've just joined and I was wondering if the amount of calories I've been suggested to have is correct? 1,540 cals per day...
On a previous calorie counter website I used, it said for me to do 1,300 per day. It feels a little odd to be told to have more.
Aiming at going to the gym at least 4 times a week for 1 hour sessions.

I don't mind being honest about my weight... I'm 14st10, and want to aim to get down to 11st.

Any advice? Should I just go along with it?

Oh and if anyone looks at my diary today....don't judge me on the snack ;) it was a special occasion haha.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You'll lose with 1,540. And it's easier than 1,300.

The nice thing about tracking everything is you have good information to adjust your approach.
  • Abo1995
    Abo1995 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used to be about 15 stone, so i started where you are now :)
    1,540 calories will see you lose weight, how tall are you?
    Try it out, for a week- if you see results then it means its working, I can't see why that would be too many calories unless you are quite short?
    Gym 4 times a week sounds good :DI love the cross trainer for calorie burning :)
    The key is to not go to low- if you go to low it could be too hard and make you unmotivated..
    good lucks :)
  • chattertess
    chattertess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wahey, so you're a handy person to know :D
    I am 5ft5...guess thats kinda short? I gotta admit I've been doing 1,300 cals for a while, and I've not lost or gained weight. Just...stuck! So this might be an interesting change.

Problem with me is I've gotta start slowly with exercise...I haven't properly exercised in a while, and meds I'm on mean my joints are pretty bad. So I'm starting with swimming :)

Thanks you guys!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Remember it's 1540 plus exercise calories. So probably closer to 1650-1700 a day if you workout 4 hours a week.