Yes another 1200+ cal question....

Options
Tamm04
Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
I'm just getting the hang of this.... I hope. I realized joining here I've been WAY undereating and instead of losing more I'd started gaining recently since last fall. Now I've read through the message boards and seen my diary for the past two weeks and see I need to increase my calories and what I eat.

Now...I've done that. I'm working hard to make sure I'm giving my body the fuel it needs. It felt GREAT to eat a tablespoon of peanut butter today just because I could, like I did when I was a child ;) How long is it before my body adjusts to this new fuel and I start losing again? My diary keeps telling me in 5 weeks I'll be losing 12 pounds if I currently eat like I am.

Those who had to increase your calories.... when did you start to see your results of losing weight after the calorie increase? I'm trying not to be impatient but it's hard. I have worked hard for YEARS to lose these last pounds and want to get to maintaining.

Replies

• ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When I upped my calories from 1200 and went to TDEE-20% (everything else stayed pretty much the same...maybe a little more working out) I gained a little over the first probably 10 days, then I evened out and then I started to lose. Good luck! Also, if you're not already, I would definitely recommend taking measurements!
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was hoping to hear it'd take a bit to kick in and then I'd be losing again. I gained about a pound and a half and I tried not to panic (I know,,,not a HUGE deal) but I'm telling myself it's what I should be doing. I'll stick with it.

Now I'm busy reworking my brain to tell it that it can have more fat and calories than what I was giving it. Habits are hard to break!