Egg whites in the UK?

Options
Please someone tell me we have something like this here?

Replies

• thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    We have them in Ilreand so I am pretty sure the UK will. Tescos(the bigger ones) have them here
  • SJD_2013
    SJD_2013 Posts: 17
    Options
    sainsburys sell liquid egg whites :)
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they're everywhere! Crack open an egg and, POW it's right there! haha. Or if you want to spend more on bottled egg whites, which you don't know whats gone into them then look online. Stick to cracking open eggs :)
  • joannea1988
    Options
    morrisons two chicks egg whites about £3 for a carton of 15 eggs
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    inside eggs, and in bottles at Co-op and other outlets.
  • xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    I mean the ones in the box, egg beaters things lol
  • k2sul
    k2sul Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find anywhere in Northern Ireland to buy egg whites.

Tried asda, tesco (their biggest store in ireland), sainsbury, Holland & barratt, and few other supermarkets.

I'd be delighted to find a source for these. CBA getting covered in raw egg every time I have to seperate 4 or 5 egg whites.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: if your looking for the bottled egg whites to make e.g. egg white omelette its cheaper to use fresh eggs and throw away the yolk
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    This is something I have always wanted to know, as all my American friends can access it. Would make life so much easier than wasting the yolk :-)
  • xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    I have yet to find anywhere in Northern Ireland to buy egg whites.

Tried asda, tesco (their biggest store in ireland), sainsbury, Holland & barratt, and few other supermarkets.

I'd be delighted to find a source for these. CBA getting covered in raw egg every time I have to seperate 4 or 5 egg whites.

I'm in N. Ireland aswell, aww that sucks yo can't find them anywhere. If I do i'll let you know.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    www.ocado.com/product/39541011

no idea if Ocado operate in NI
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: if your looking for the bottled egg whites to make e.g. egg white omelette its cheaper to use fresh eggs and throw away the yolk

This is what I found also. Pretty soon after that I decided that I was just going to eat whole eggs and ensure that they fit into my Cals/Macros for the day.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    I buy from Myprotein.co.uk
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I actually found them at Waitrose.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    You can get Dr. Oetker Egg White Powder at tesco - in the baking section it has 6 sachets which I think make up the equivelent of two egg whites. Whole eggs are best though!
  • sanghera_04
    Options
    You can buy little cartons in sainsbury's but to be honest.. It is alot cheaper to buy a big box of eggs from iceland.. £1.50 and just separate them yourself :)
  • djkprojects
    djkprojects Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I buy from Myprotein.co.uk

I can only see egg white powder on myprotein
  • djkprojects
    djkprojects Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can buy little cartons in sainsbury's but to be honest.. It is alot cheaper to buy a big box of eggs from iceland.. £1.50 and just separate them yourself :)

Are they free range eggs ?
  • barz91
    barz91 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just stick to normal eggs who knows what they put inside it. Quick tip for seperating the egg yolk. All you need is an empty bottle turn upside down and squeeze it a little the suction the yolk inside the bottle and the whites will get left behind