Diet plans anyone?

Options
I am just starting out on this site at 175is pounds. my goal weight is 145 at the most. I dont eat a lot, but i gain weight anyway. I want to have a diet plan, but i am sooo clueless where to start.

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    The best place to start is to count your calories - you might eat more than you think. Then figure out a reasonable daily calorie goal based on 15% to 20% less than your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) and try to eat no more or less than that every day.

There are lots of ways to fine tune...but a good beginning is just to take stock of where you're at now.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I did alternate day intermittent fasting (JUDDD) and had great success with it :)
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster that said count your calories of what you normally eat in a day. You may be eating way more calories than you should be in the small amount of food you're eating. From there, change your eating habits. Increase your fruit and vegetable intake, eat more low-fat/high-protein foods, limit, but don't cut out, carbs. This will go a long way in your weightloss success.

If you want samples of meal plans, I'm sure you can google tons of ideas. Start checking out other people's food diaries to get ideas on daily meal plans. Good luck!
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Log everything you eat for a week or so without trying to change anything. Don't worry if you go over your calorie budget ( you probably will).Make sure you log everything and that your quantities are accurate. Are you currently gaining weight or maintaining? If you're maintaining, this is your maintenance base line. From there you need to either cut some calories or increase exercise (or both) to start losing.

You can cut calories without starving by replacing some high calorie density foods (like potato chips) with low calorie density foods (like lettuce and many other vegetables). Losing weight is not about deprivation. It needs to be a lifestyle change you can live with for the rest of your life.
  • Hannahloring
    Hannahloring Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :) Y'all have been such a great help... it really means a lot