Needing a Buddy!

Options
Hello all! My sister suggested this site to me a couple months ago. Since then i have posted now and then but never steadily. She is not on here much and I'm thinking if i had a few friends that had the same goals as me I might be more apt to staying on target. So if your willing to help keep me accountable I would so appreciate it ;) Plus everyone wants friends right?

My goal weight is 145 lbs I am currently at 195. I am 32, two kids, stay at home mom, and I am a stress eater, a bored eater, a happy eater, a everything eater... you get the drift. I am trying to change my current state of mind of eating for EVERY occasion under the sun to eating for fuel and health. I would love to have you as a friend :)

Replies

• AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi there,

My goal weight is 145-150 as well. I started this journey weighing 220lbs, I currently weight 191lbs. I am 27 yrs old and don't have any kids but I too am learning to fuel my body as opposed to eating at every occasion I get. Haha It's easier said then done! Welcome to MFP. This site is great and has helped me tramendously!

Feel free to add me as a friend to help you along the way! :flowerforyou:
  • SFinn
    SFinn Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey!

The amount of weight that I want to lose is approximately the same. I don't have kids but I definitely understand by being a everything eater. I tend to overeat when I'm happy, sad, stressed, in a rush, etc. This site definitely helps with controlling that!

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • countrymama08
    Options
    I am a stress eater, a bored eater, a happy eater, a everything eater... you get the drift. I am trying to change my current state of mind of eating for EVERY occasion under the sun to eating for fuel and health.

Well, I could have written that. I eat to avoid doing other things that I should. Then I eat more because I ate and did not get my stuff done. Happy, stressed, frustrated, tired....anything triggers eating. I also eat mindlessly. That is a really bad trap to fall into.

I am 36 with a 2 year old daughter. I work full time as a teacher so I am a stay at home mom for 2 and half months every summer. My hours are a great so my daughter is only at daycare 7-3. It is nice that I have a lit of days off and a week off at christmas too.
  • soundofsong
    Options
    We're pretty similar. I'm 27, also a SAHM, and I also have two children. One is 3 and the other will be 1 in eight days. My biggest was 176, I'm at 163 right now. I WAS just recently down to 158 but I've been feeling depressed again. Tryin to get out of that because my wedding is in 85 days. I need more friends on here as well. Sometimes I forget about it. It's a lot easier to stay focused when you log in daily! Which I definitely don't do. Trying to change that, however. So good luck to you! And I am all of those things eater too. It's really hard to not eat sometimes! But once you get the right routine down and notice results it just becomes worth it! [=
  • jac2lyn
    jac2lyn Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi! We can all use a buddy, even if goals are a little different, motivation is the best thing I have found from being on this site. I love coming on here and tracking everything and then seeing what others are up to. it makes me realize that others are struggling on some days just like I am and I like knowing I am not the only one.

I would love to be your buddy. I started using Sparkpeople before this site, I actually like this better because of the exercise tracking and the foods seem more precise, plus I find that I have more in common with others on this site. So far on my journey I have lost 25 pounds, but only 3 pounds on here so far. I have hit a platau and really need help now. I just have a little more weight to go but I am definately stuck. I think maintaining will be my biggest battle.

If you ever want to talk please feel free!!!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I used to eat exactly the same way, I totally get it. I'm 39 and a mother of one perfect little boy. I understand how difficult it is to stay on track with snack food for the kiddos in the house. I'm going to put in a friend request to you A.S.A.P. Let me know if you need anything, even just to vent.
  • Fredder15
    Options
    We are totally in the same boat situation wise. I am a wicked bad stress and bored eater!! But I have found that this site is an amazing support in the short time that I have been here. I would love to be your buddy too if you would like!!! I'm sending out a request now. We can do this! :)

1379601.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    I'm also a stay-at-home mom of two girls, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 years old. I have been trying to get this extra weight off for a while now, but I could never get consistent exercise in around all my other responsibilities. I have finally come up with something that's been working really well for me for about a month or two. Also, finding this site, has helped me SO much, specifically in tracking what I eat. I've never been good at counting calories and always found it so difficult to figure out exactly how many calories I was eating when making meals at home...embarrassing but true. Now that I've been tracking absolutely everything I eat and drink, I'm loosing weight really well!!! It's about time. I still want to lose another 30 lbs and then I'll see where I want to go from there. I would be happy to trade tips and try and keep each other motivated!
  • Nleudemann
    Nleudemann Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a stress eater, a bored eater, a happy eater, a everything eater...

DITTO! I laugh when people say they are a 'foodie'...isn't everyone?! I just happen to have a love/hate relationship with food. I LOVE the way it tastes (especially the greasy, fatty, sugary foods), but i HATE the way it makes me feel afterwards. Fat and tired.

I really think with the amount of motivation and support from this site, we can all do it!! Just remember to log in EVERY DAY.