Liz Taylor (RIP) had a great tip...

Options
Some of us can be hard on ourselves, get discouraged or minimize our progress. It made me think of something Elizabeth Taylor said that has really stuck with me over the years.

When she thought her weight loss was insignificant or not going fast enough, she'd find something that weighed what she had lost (in her example it was a 20 lb. frozen turkey) and walk around with it for awhile. Brilliant! Tangible proof and a reality check.

Then, give yourself a congratulatory pat on the back and remember it's one day at a time..

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• essicagoddess
    essicagoddess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    True Dat! : :happy:
  • roanne42
    roanne42 Posts: 4
    Options
    Love that tip. Can't wait to carry around a huge sack of flour and think of this. :) Thanks!
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mine is a huge box of cat litter!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    haha, omg I love this idea! I am totally doing this next time....actually just thinking of having to walk around with a 30lb frozen turkey sounds miserable!
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    haha, omg I love this idea! I am totally doing this next time....actually just thinking of having to walk around with a 30lb frozen turkey sounds miserable!

Yeah, not such a fun time for the turkey either :)
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Good one!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    RIP .. she was gorgeous.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    In the beginning when I didn't feel it was coming off fast enough I would go to the grocery store and pile 1 pound blocks of butter or lard in a cart, major eye opener :)
  • betthouston
    betthouston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    In the beginning when I didn't feel it was coming off fast enough I would go to the grocery store and pile 1 pound blocks of butter or lard in a cart, major eye opener :)

LOL! The other shoppers probably thought you were cuckoo :laugh: