Getting back on the wagon.

Options
hiyomi
hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
Took a 3-4 week break >.< Was finishing school lol and I had been really frustrated because I had started plateau only after 20 pounds gone, and I was exercising 5 days a week and eating well. Now I have all summer to get to my first goal weight of 230 pounds. :D Feeling a bit lazy, but hnnng I have to do it for myself lol Hopefully I won't be plateauing still ~.~ Anyone else have a way to jumpstart your way out of one?

Replies

• innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to put this nicely but you have to just get up and do it. Nobody can make you. You have to want to. You may have to hit rock bottom first, but only you can pull yourself out of a rut. Once my scale got close to 160 I flipped out that was my rock bottom. That was my "oh my god this has to stop"
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    No jumpstart. No wagon. No beginning... no end. It's just life. Keep making choices that take you closer to your goals and you'll get there... and make new goals.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to put this nicely but you have to just get up and do it. Nobody can make you. You have to want to. You may have to hit rock bottom first, but only you can pull yourself out of a rut. Once my scale got close to 160 I flipped out that was my rock bottom. That was my "oh my god this has to stop"
    I flipped because my scale wouldn't leave 260! For almost a month it was at 260. >.< Getting back to work on my weight tomorrow though, hopefully it will pass :D
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    No jumpstart. No wagon. No beginning... no end. It's just life. Keep making choices that take you closer to your goals and you'll get there... and make new goals.

^this...all kinds of ^this...

...and not just for your specific situation, but for everyone who is working towards improving their situation.
  • Mommy2nicolas
    Mommy2nicolas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have taken a break too. Tomorrow is my day to start over. Good luck. We can do it! :-)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

^this...all kinds of ^this...

...and not just for your specific situation, but for everyone who is working towards improving their situation.

^ this this.

one choice at a time.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Without looking at your diary.... Assuming you have met your goal and are eating back all your exercise calories- re evaluate your goals......

If you have it set at active (any type) you are already factoring some kind of exercise into your daily limit. You may be eating too many calories if you eat them all back.

My job varies depending on what maching i'm on so I have mine set at Sedentary.. then I add in everything. Then I know I'm not overeating.

If you are not already doing it, watch what you are drinking. Anything other than water has calories and can add up real fast if you don't watch it. My favorite used to be pop until i realized I was drinking 500+ calories a day.

Send a message if you want to open your diary and I will try to help you with anything else if I can.
  • iowaoly
    iowaoly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I liked what someone said about it being "life." I struggle with it being just the right circumstances to lose weight and then life gets in the way..which it always will. So, I am telling myself to do the best I can each and every day and not to give up which I have done in the past.