quinoa, HALP!

Options
2»

Replies

• kthycrlsn
    kthycrlsn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like to make skinny taste shrimp creole and serve it over my quinoa rather than rice... :) yummy.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just had some stir-fried with olive oil, lentils, garbanzos, onions, garlic, bell peppers, and half a veggie boullion cube. Tasty. :)
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    Sounds amazing!!
  • Dharmafor1
    Dharmafor1 Posts: 32
    Options
    We do a white bean quinoa and kale soup.

In small stockpot, Sauté in olive oil, an onion, some green and red bell pepper, all chopped, and equal amounts. Add oregano and cumin and then about 1/2 of a fresh tomato to add some acid to it. Lightly finish sautéing it. Drain a can of white beans and stir them in for a few seconds until heated. Next add vegetable stock and heat to a simmer. Add quinoa until it is cooked then lastly add some kale. Leave on low heat until kale is wilted to your desired texture. Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste. Serve with a teaspoon of asiago cheese. This is a real simple recipe. I found some variation of it in Yoga Journal or Body and Soul a few years back. I'm not sure if we changed anything up of if this was roughly how it was presented. Hope you enjoy it.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    If you're on Facebook, "like" the QUINOA CORPORATION page :)
  • ecc312
    ecc312 Posts: 17
    Options
    BEST RECIPE EVER!!! Super delicious and healthy.

My suggestion (and how I always make it) is to use much less oil than recommended for the dressing. It says 3/4 cup, but it honestly doesn't need more than 1/4 cup for the whole recipe.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to post the link!! Here it is:

http://www.food.com/recipe/quinoa-and-beluga-lentil-salad-423219
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    great ideas, everyone! keep 'em comin'!