Peanut butter - good or bad for weight loss??

Options

Replies

• kay930
    kay930 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter & I would never give it up!!!
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Depends how much self control you have around it.

This. I cannot be trusted with peanut butter. Literally. It's hidden in my house and I have to ask for it because I have no self control, like some people with candy. If you can eat it in moderation it's AWESOME for weight loss. Fat is not necessarily that bad for you, it depends on how your macros are set. And the natural stuff is pretty healthy. Go for it.
  • EmmieCar86
    EmmieCar86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I eat half a serving of pb at least every day minimum.....

Me too! I love it as a snack.
  • Coolchameleon
    Options
    The military actually uses peanut butter in a special weight loss plan for new recruits if they come to boot camp overweight. You just have to portion it -that's all :) I think a serving is a tablespoon-which is honestly A LOT if you take your time eating it. Peanut butter is real thick and great for protein. Far as the fat content goes, just add that into your daily allotment.
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I eat a min. of 1 teaspoon daily for breakfast. its worked for me so far, just fine. and I also love it!!
  • emibrus1
    emibrus1 Posts: 59
    Options
    People can pry my peanut butter out of my cold dead hands @_@ Fuji apple + 2 tbsp peanut butter is my #1 nighttime snack!
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1-2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter a day, I am a vegetarian.
    I add 1 Tbsp to my Banana Smoothie that I make with Unsweetened Almond milk
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help. I love peanut butter and will watch my numbers.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I eat it every single day.
    I recently bought the Marathona Dark Choc PB spread...owwwww..and yummmmm
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    People can pry my peanut butter out of my cold dead hands @_@ Fuji apple + 2 tbsp peanut butter is my #1 nighttime snack!

and ((((((((((((hahahahahahahahahahahaha))))))))))))))))

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I ate 3 tbsp of PB today and am currently eating reece's pieces. Haha, yum
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good in moderation.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I eat it every single day.
    I recently bought the Marathona Dark Choc PB spread...owwwww..and yummmmm

That sounds delicious.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I have been eating peanut butter every now in then to boost my protein, but the fat content is really high. We buy Snippy All Natural peanut butter. I just was wondering if it was good for weight loss or not. Thanks do much.

That's entirely up to you and you alone, you like peanut butter ...eat it. Just stay in your calories and fats for the day is all, overdo it and you'll stop losing... Peanut butter is good for you and is a healthy fat if that helps you at all.

We all do need healthy fats in our diets.
    Among other things, fat provides energy, helps in forming structural material of cells & tissues, carries the fat soluable vitamins A, D, E & K, and supplies essential fatty acids.
    Our bodies cannot function without some fat :smile:
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your calories for the day, it should be fine - it does have fat but it's a good fat and it also has protein. I'll usually have whole wheat toast with peanut butter for breakfast at least 1 day a week.
  • jmp2020
    jmp2020 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Almond butter is a better alternative for pb. Tastes yummy too.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Very bad for me because I want 1 tbsp on each apple slice.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I practice self control, but I eat 1.5 tbs in my oatmeal.

I also use the powdered PB2 in my protein shakes... I love the flavor. mmm
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have been eating peanut butter every now in then to boost my protein, but the fat content is really high. We buy Snippy All Natural peanut butter. I just was wondering if it was good for weight loss or not. Thanks do much.

I found that even if I measure and track peanut butter it seems to stall my weight loss if I have it regularly throughout a week. If I have it just a couple times a week it is fine.

I love peanut butter. I have been known to eat a whole jar of natural peanut butter in a sitting even in my younger days. I don't really have it around much as a result, though last time I had peanut butter I was fine.
  • izmy
    izmy Posts: 2
    Options
    i dont think that peanut butter make you fat or gain weight. if your are within the calorie intake boundary then its ok if you consume it ....but make sure you take it in moderation.