1lb from goal wt, 236 lb --> 186 lb, 6.5 months, pics

Options
Mock_Turtle
Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
I think in my intro post I stated that my goal was to get down from 236 lbs to 185 lbs by the end of May 2013, so I'm basically on schedule. The first 40 lbs went pretty much to plan at just over 2 lb/wk weight loss. The last 10 lbs have been harder and I've had to make adjustments to aim for 1 lb/wk weight loss and also had a 3-4 week stall mixed in there.

MFP tool has really helped me accurately assess my 'Calories IN'. The message boards have also had some nuggets of good info, it is worth scanning through the threads to find some good posts. The 'Recipes' forum has been gold. I haven't really put a lot of stock in 'eating back exercise calories' since I think the calculations are fraught with error. Instead I've just logged my data in a spreadsheet to back calculate my TDEE.

If I back-calculate my activity coefficient for the past 6 months, it works out to 1.50 ...... which is basically right in line with the 1.55 assigned to moderate exercise ..... I aim to work out 6 times a week, but miss days here and there so probably average 5/week, split up between either running or lifting weights. Sedentary job.

TL;DR pics or gtfo

BEFORE

start-6Nov2012_zpsb881dc52.png

Maybe 1 month after starting

12-12-13-face_zpsb1bc9bb4.png

AFTER

11May3-6mths_zpsc7358f23.png

19may13-face_zps89234876.png

I'm thinking of trying to lose another 10-15 lbs but I need a break first. For now I think I will eat at maintenance while I formulate a plan.

I have to say, it feels great to get things under control and being active again. In many ways I feel like I've turned back the clock 10 years. Rather than lamenting wasted time I'm looking forward to things - plan on snowboarding again next winter after a 6 year hiatus. I just got to the point where I had to stop making excuses - you know the usual - work is stressful, i have no energy, my commute is too long, blah blah etc.

Replies

• tmblastquads
    Options
    good transformation man!
    Keep it up
  • sabineliebling
    Options
    You look amazing. I'm ragingly jealous that I've also lost 50lbs and my body has not changed as much as yours. Damn men.
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    first off -- great job!

second... back calculating actual TDEE. man, that's a brilliant idea. sadly, while i tracked all sorts of data since i started (weight, exercise results, etc) i only started tracking food here recently. though i know 'about' what i ate for the past few months.

is your TDEE back-calculating spreadsheet something others could easily use? Or should i just make my own?
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Great work bud! Keep on track don't look back.
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You look great! Great job!!
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    well done, looking good. thats about where i want to be :smile:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Very nice! :drinker:
  • Rena42
    Rena42 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You look like a completely different person. You are an inspiration. Congratulations!
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Great job!!
  • PandaPharm
    PandaPharm Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow! You were good looking before, but smoking with the weight loss! Great job :)
  • Init2winIt79
    Init2winIt79 Posts: 582
    Options
    Wow! Great transformation! Good luck witht the rest of your plans!
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Awesome :drinker:
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    Also looking forward to my own "break" at maintenance level.
  • tiptoe_marc
    tiptoe_marc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hats off to you bro!
  • dehniziad
    dehniziad Posts: 42
    Options
    Inspirational!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    fantastic man - great results/dedication!
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! And you look like you have turned the clock back ten years, congrats!!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing job! :)
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    looking hot before and after! congrats on all that you have done!!
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and it's inspirational, well done :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!